Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The End of Europe As We Know It.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creeper1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: The End of Europe As We Know It. Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr91q2fxjXQ&NR=1&feature=endscreen

With it being a new year and all I thought I'd put up a video on how the future will play out.

Europe isn't going to survive the next 100 years.

Well it will survive but be vastly different. I guess our rights will be much more curtailed.

We will live in a kind of Saudi Arabia. Alcohol will probably be banned. Women forced to cover up.

Ireland doesn't have a problem with producing children but eventually I guess we will be assimilated into an Islamic empire eminating from Europe.

Funny and ironic that women's rights which produced low birth rate is the very thing that will lead to an ending of women's rights since Islam doesn't allow women many rights.

Demographics matter. I know children are expensive and bring loads of responsibility but if we don't have them then our culture dies in the future.

It really is that simple.
Dodge7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living up to your name I see.
comm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great rallying cry of the modern-day ignorant masses seems to be "Everything that is now shall always be". It's driven by the same self-centered egotism that causes millions to believe that the world will end in their lifetimes. As though the tiny span of time in which they exist is special in some way... as if hundreds of generations hadn't come before. People seem to think we've changed genetically such that another Hitler could never exist, or that the American government would never again imprison citizens because of their race or heritage.

Similarly, most people believe that Europe's secular liberal paradise will last forever... that ever increasing sovereign debt will never come due... and that, despite 99% of history saying the opposite, modern leaders could never become power-hungry madmen.

And yet we obviously haven't changed genetically to become "more good". Humans haven't evolved to always accept secular democracy when given the choice. And we sure as hell haven't learned from history to prevent the deterioration of these things over time.

I'm just glad it's European culture being destroyed first. Americans certainly aren't learning their lesson on sovereign debt, but maybe they'll pay attention when Europe's laws start to lose their secular liberal flavor.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Europe' survived the fall of Rome, Mongol invasions and WWII I think it can handle a period of sluggish growth.

A more interesting question is what will happen to all the new countries born of European imperialism. These countries have been around for barely two centuries and are more akin to empires than nations.

Will they be able to handle the stresses of imperial decline?
No_hite_pls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opposite is going to happen. The Middle East is going to liberalize. It is already happening in Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Turkey, etc. it will continue at a faster pace in the future. Alcohol will be made legal in many Muslim countries and women will be given more rights. BTW Foreign teachers are helping to liberalize the Middle East.

I am sorry but the human race is (very slowing) getting smarter. The internet is actually helping to diffuse a great amount of information. The world is better place than it was 100 years ago, or 2,000 years ago.
northway

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No_hite_pls wrote:
The opposite is going to happen. The Middle East is going to liberalize. It is already happening in Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Turkey, etc. it will continue at a faster pace in the future. Alcohol will be made legal in many Muslim countries and women will be given more rights. BTW Foreign teachers are helping to liberalize the Middle East.

I am sorry but the human race is (very slowing) getting smarter. The internet is actually helping to diffuse a great amount of information. The world is better place than it was 100 years ago, or 2,000 years ago.

The world is a better place than it was 100 years ago, but beyond that I think you're pretty off. Turkey, for one, has gotten progressively more conservative, not less. Egypt might well go in a far more conservative direction, with the Muslim Brotherhood essentially running the show. The same might happen in Syria. UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar are all tiny oil states which are already quite liberal, and are hardly representative of the region at large.
JustinC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saudi's parliament is going to be 10% female in the next term; Egypt needs money from somewhere and if it becomes radical then their only major income - tourism - would dry up; the 'tiny oil states' still hold a lot of sway with their oil dollars, foreign military presence, international influence (because of oil); Bahrain is already more liberal (for booze, women etc) than some western countries; Libya had elections for the first time in 50 years.

I agree in Europe some rights will be more curtailed in the future, but that's not Islamification it's Political Correctness brought about by lawyers in Civil Rights cases.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the world was probably a much better place 30,000 years ago when people had leisurely hunter gather lives, 1 human per mile, lots of game, no pollution. It's been downhill since.

In just the last 100yrs things have changed for the worse in every possible way...in 2113 things are going to be seriously wronger.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
I think the world was probably a much better place 30,000 years ago when people had leisurely hunter gather lives, 1 human per mile, lots of game, no pollution. It's been downhill since.

In just the last 100yrs things have changed for the worse in every possible way...in 2113 things are going to be seriously wronger.

Yes, survival of the fittest with a high birth death rate. Not many modern humans would be fit enough for that kind of life style and I hate to say it that probably includes most of the people on this forum and myself as well.
manlyboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left wing ideology is the root cause of Europe's woes. How can you by any stretch of the imagination say that growing left wing ideology = world is getting smarter?
fosterman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that was funny.. Europe will do fine!
all they need is less population just like most of countries.

and that will happen. the world population will shrink. And thats a good thing
Fox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:

It's interesting, isn't it: modern man enjoys immense prosperity in terms of comforts and convenience, and probably understands the raw workings of the world better than his ancient counterpart, but it is not necessarily true that he is the happier for it. Ancient man, with his tribal lifestyle, probably had a degree of contentment we'll never really understand, and adding insult to injury, due to the massive number of people in the world we cannot even turn back to his lifestyle if we so chose.

Imagine you and your family being able to just hunt, fish, and gather to live. These days if you even want to hunt a deer or take a fish you catch home with you, you need a permit, and must wait for the right season on top of it. I read about one fellow who tried to live in a national park in America. The rangers outright admitted his lifestyle was sustainable and wasn't hurting anything, but the law still obliged them to throw him out.
comm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Imagine you and your family being able to just hunt, fish, and gather to live. These days if you even want to hunt a deer or take a fish you catch home with you, you need a permit, and must wait for the right season on top of it.

I remember hearing a great report on NPR about a "cultural exchange" where a member of an isolated, stone-age-tech tribe visited the U.K. The visitor was amazed by how much work everyone has to do, and how little time they spend with their families. In the tribe, family members can be together all the time if they like. Adults do 20-30 hours of work per week and make their own schedules. The infirm are cared for and when someone needs a home, the village works together to get it built.

Add to that a little modern medicine and protection against outside aggression, and I can't imagine a happier human existence.
recessiontime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you read "industrial society and it's future" written by Theodore kaczynsky?

Very thought provoking imo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: