Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Costs and process involved in getting a car GPS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanguker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Costs and process involved in getting a car GPS? Reply with quote

I was wondering if someone could give me a rough breakdown of the costs of owning a car navigation system (e.g. unit price, installation, service fees, etc.). I'd also like to know if this is a diy project or if I need to have this installed and setup by a pro. Korean or English is ok, but of course I'd prefer English. Smile
ladron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost - got to yongsan or gmarket and get one. there are tons of different sizes, etc. that result in many different prices (mine was 300k a few years ago. Korean only. The English ones are a bit sh*t I hear.)

Installation - most of them just plug into your cigarette lighter and stick to the windscreen with a suction cup. Cost = 0.

Service fees = 0. plug it in and go. Most of them provide free updating via the internet and an SD card.
hanguker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info ladron. Seems it is cheaper than I thought. I thought there was a monthly service fee for some reason...
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively you could just use your smartphone, get a suction cup and cigarette lighter charger for it and be done with it. Though it's a bit of a pain to mount it and plug it in each time you use use.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you saw it, but I am selling my Inavi. Details in the for-sale section. It's a good unit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: