Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obtaining E-2 Visa abroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Obtaining E-2 Visa abroad Reply with quote

Hello

I will be travelling in Thailand for a few weeks before I get my connector flight to Busan at the end of Feb. to start teaching English

I was wondering if it is possible (as a Canadian) to obtain my E-2 Visa in Thailand? Is the process the same as if I was in Canada? Will there be English speaking people at the Embassy?

Thanks for any help or information!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Obtaining E-2 Visa abroad Reply with quote

stever1000 wrote:
Hello

I will be travelling in Thailand for a few weeks before I get my connector flight to Busan at the end of Feb. to start teaching English

I was wondering if it is possible (as a Canadian) to obtain my E-2 Visa in Thailand? Is the process the same as if I was in Canada? Will there be English speaking people at the Embassy?

Thanks for any help or information!

Yes, yes and yes.

You will need your visa confirmation number (or NOA if hired by EPIC/GEPIK), application, photo, fee, passport.

It takes 1-4 days to process the visa.

You can also get it in Canada before you travel.
The visa is good for 90 days after issue before it expires and you can travel to other countries with it in your passport.

stever1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks for the info...
silly question... Any reason to stay longer and do it in Canada instead of doing it while in Thailand?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stever1000 wrote:
silly question... Any reason to stay longer and do it in Canada instead of doing it while in Thailand?

One day to get it done in Vancouver if you are from out of town.

The K-embassy in BKK is NOT in a nice, central, convenient location and you will need to make at least 2 trips out there. It will take from 2-4 days (meaning you will be abroad without your passport for a few days - makes money changing and other stuff (renting a room) awkward or impossible.

stever1000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
stever1000 wrote:

One day to get it done in Vancouver if you are from out of town.

The K-embassy in BKK is NOT in a nice, central, convenient location and you will need to make at least 2 trips out there. It will take from 2-4 days (meaning you will be abroad without your passport for a few days - makes money changing and other stuff (renting a room) awkward or impossible.

Will I need to have a phone number or how would they contact me once it's complete?
This sounds like it will fit my situation better because I could leave to Thailand tomorrow and complete it there once I get the visa issuance number . If I wait to do it in Vancouver, I have to wait for my visa issuance number and then go in, which could still be a couple weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: