Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Customers Called �Fat Girls� on Restaurant Bill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zpeanut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ lol

Died By Bear wrote:
highstreet wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:
Squire wrote:
Pigs like that make me sick to my stomach

As a fat man, I resent that. I currently weigh in at 375 lbs and I get booty all the time. Probably more than you do. Some ladies like big. Some men like big.

Razz

This will probably make "Squire" even sicker. Shocked

I love sitting next to guys like him on airplanes. Especially when I rip a wet one. They freak out. Very Happy

True, some girls like big, some guys like big..
but not when big starts to become a health issue and an inconvenience to others.

I feel for those ladies because it was hurtful. But they must know what they are. Hopefully this incident has motivated them to look after themselves a bit more. Thankfully, the owner of that bar has done something about the situation, Jeff is now unemployed. Those ladies should be doing something too.
Fox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zpeanut wrote:
Thankfully, the owner of that bar has done something about the situation, Jeff is now unemployed.

Yes, thank goodness someone was fired and shamed before the entire nation for a bad joke. It's only a shame we can't ruin his life more for daring to joke about the obesity of a few wildly obese women.
radcon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If being that size is A-ok and nothing to be ashamed of, the waiter should have said he didn't mean it as an insult and that the word fat has no negative connotation.
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
Squire wrote:

As a fat man, I resent that. I currently weigh in at 375 lbs and I get booty all the time. Probably more than you do. Some ladies like big. Some men like big.

Razz

Hope you let girls go on top.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:
Squire wrote:

Razz

Hope you let girls go on top.

I was just yanking your chain. I'm only 174. Wink
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zpeanut wrote:
Thankfully, the owner of that bar has done something about the situation, Jeff is now unemployed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zYlOU7Fpk

Yeah?
ricochet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they werent fat! just presently plump...give Jeff a chance to correct his spelling...after all, we are English teachers, nest-ce pas? Rolling Eyes
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The females:

http://passionateteaching.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/esteem.jpg?w=450
sligo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is, he wrote an adjective that correctly described the people at the table. There was no exageration, and we have no idea if there was mallace. If he had written Hispanic, no-one would have cared. If he had exagerated with words like, "Beached Whales" or "Low orbit objects" that would have been a judgement / personal opinion. I wonder if they had been tall, leggy and blonde, and he had written "Beautifl girls" would they have complained?
zpeanut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
zpeanut wrote:

Yes, thank goodness someone was fired and shamed before the entire nation for a bad joke. It's only a shame we can't ruin his life more for daring to joke about the obesity of a few wildly obese women.

Are you saying they should have kept him in his job?

Come on, it was rude. Impoliteness shouldn't be tolerated. We can all privately have a laugh about things but to direct it against someone is different. We don't point out people's handicaps, do we? 'one legged guy', 'man with a limp' ....

Also, unless the place wants to go out of business - because I'm sure there are a million other overweight people out there who'd stop going there because of this incident - I would fire the guy too. Wouldn't you?
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zpeanut wrote:
Fox wrote:
zpeanut wrote:

Are you saying they should have kept him in his job?

Come on, it was rude. Impoliteness shouldn't be tolerated.

Minor impoliteness is completely trivial. I'm perfectly fine with it being tolerated to a degree. A warning about joking at the customer's expense probably would have been sufficient if not for the national media deciding to go on a "fat rights" crusade here, completely with one of the girls blubbering about how she sees the bill again and again in her mind.

zpeanut wrote:
Also, unless the place wants to go out of business - because I'm sure there are a million other overweight people out there who'd stop going there because of this incident - I would fire the guy too. Wouldn't you?

Economic realities perhaps forcing the business owners hand is not something we should be thankful about. You didn't say, "Oh, it's too bad this fellow had to be fired because of the realities of the industry after some reporter decided to make this national news," you praised the outcome.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Minor impoliteness is completely trivial. I'm perfectly fine with it being tolerated to a degree. A warning about joking at the customer's expense probably would have been sufficient if not for the national media deciding to go on a "fat rights" crusade here, completely with one of the girls blubbering about how she sees the bill again and again in her mind.

Are you seriously asserting that you see no difference between joking about a customer to a coworker and actually presenting an insulting comment in print to a customer?

Quote:
Economic realities perhaps forcing the business owners hand is not something we should be thankful about. You didn't say, "Oh, it's too bad this fellow had to be fired because of the realities of the industry after some reporter decided to make this national news," you praised the outcome.

The only economic reality that matters in the case at hand is the glaringly obvious fact that the worker in question was in the wrong field of work at the time of the incident. That has been corrected.
Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
Fox wrote:

Are you seriously asserting that you see no difference between joking about a customer to a coworker and actually presenting an insulting comment in print to a customer?

I'm saying what happened was trivial. I don't see how much more plainly I must state it. You don't need to try to stuff comparisons between hypothetical into my mouth, I am speaking with perfect clarity.

Here is how this goes down in a rational world:
1) Joker stupidly writes "fat girls" on the customers' bill.
2) The manager offers the girls a discount as compensation.
3) The girls, realizing the triviality of the offense, happily accept it and an apology and forget all about the incident.
4) Joker is warned not to do it again, and he probably doesn't, because the entire affair was mildly awkward.

Here is how it goes down in the neurotic cultural wasteland of CentralCali & zpeanut (a.k.a actual America):
1) Joker stupidly writes "fat girls" on the customers' bill.
2) The manager offers the girls a discount as compensation.
3) Fat girls, completely outraged narcissists that they are, cannot believe someone actually commented on their weight, refuse to pay the bill entirely, storm off to some media network, and get some TV time wherein they fight for "fat rights" by moaning about the tragedy they went through.
4) Joker loses his job over a joke and has his name ruined nationally (Hell, globally, given we're here talking about it on the other side of the planet). Zpeanut and CentralCali are extremely happy at his plight and nod sagely, casting scorn on the notion that perhaps the situation was handled in a less than perfect manner.

I'm glad you've found a lifestyle that works for you, but if you'll excuse me, I'll refrain from endorsing it.

CentralCali wrote:
The only economic reality that matters in the case at hand is the glaringly obvious fact that the worker in question was in the wrong field of work at the time of the incident. That has been corrected.

Enjoy your schadenfreude.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Utterly moronic statement of the issue.
Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now the fellow who thinks insults are so horrible that someone deserves to lose their job and be nationally shamed for spouting one is lobbing insults.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: