Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Your Teeth Bleeched
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kneezah~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Getting Your Teeth Bleeched Reply with quote

I've decided I need to spruce myself up for the new year... I want to go to the dentist and have me teeth whitened. I noticed there's a place in my area that does it (Bundang). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. It looks like it's about 300,000 won. I'm tempted to go in, but I thought it would be better to see of any could make some recommendations first.^^
kneezah~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nobody has has this done... Any recommendations for a good English speaking dentist in Bundang then?
Fat_Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this done at 'Bom' Dentist (봄치과) in Myeongdong a couple of years back. I can't remember how much I paid, but I think it was around 250-300 000 as part of a group discount kind of deal. They did a fairly good job of it, although other work I had done there after the bleaching was substandard. There's 2 parts - the bleaching itself, then a special toothpaste to use for 2-3 weeks. Your teeth will be very sensitive to cold for a while, particularly when you fist get out. Overall I felt it was money well spent.
Yaya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it done in the early 2000s for around 300,000 won. But if you get the laser whitening that is around 800,000 won, it is faster and gets your teeth several shades whiter.
mike in brasil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Kim 치과 in Seohyun is really good and he speaks English quite well. I've been going to him for years even though I moved away from Bun댕 a long time ago.

Just outside AK Plaza from exit 4 in the building with the Burger Queen downstairs.

031-706-3994
Jimskins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But don't try and get served in an English pub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usrx4D3TyNw

Smile
chopstick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by chopstick on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny isn't it. You guys probably take the piss out of Korean men wearing foundation and the like but what's this except make up for teeth? And you're forking out significant sums for it. I'm a proud yellow toothed Brit who also loves John Smiths (a real pint though, not the electric pump cream flow rubbish)
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Funny isn't it. You guys probably take the piss out of Korean men wearing foundation and the like but what's this except make up for teeth? And you're forking out significant sums for it. I'm a proud yellow toothed Brit who also loves John Smiths (a real pint though, not the electric pump cream flow rubbish)

You don't have to be yellow toothed. Just use those Crest Whitening Strips. They are much cheaper and work wonders. Only downside is the strips are too small and cover part of your teeth. SO, I always buy two packs and cover more surface area of my teeth. Did it once in 2005, again in 2008, and will do it again in a week or so. Just ordered the highest 5 rating pair from amazon. I'll let you know how it turns out. (Tried the Korean whitening strips once. Save your cash and don't bother.)
rainman3277

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:

So are you trying to defend guys wearing make up, or rationalizing not brushing your teeth?
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So are you trying to defend guys wearing make up, or rationalizing not brushing your teeth?

As any good dentist will tell you, off white or yellow teeth are not a sign that the person does not brush their teeth regularly, or that the teeth are not healthy, just that their teeth have become slightly discolored through age or from what they eat/drink/smoke. Of course it's in the multi million dollar beauty industry's interest to convince people that non white teeth are unhealthy and undesirable and certain elements in certain countries, like the US, have bought it wholesale. I just find it amusing that certain ways of colouring things (e.g. Teeth bleaching) seem to be somehow more acceptable than others, such as using make up or foundation, because I suppose they have an aura of a medical procedure about them whereas to me they both seem to be on the same kind of level.
climber159

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you fork over such a chunk of money, have you tried using the Colgate Optic White toothpaste? Without sounding too much like an advertisement for it...I have tried other whitening toothpastes and all they ever did was make my teeth sensitive while doing nothing in the color department. A few days into using Colgate Optic White I basically had a new set of pearly whites! And no increased sensitivity either! If you can't find it in Korea, then order it off Amazon as it'll still be cheaper than bleaching.
schwa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presentable teeth are important for a teacher.
Yaya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman3277 wrote:
edwardcatflap wrote:

No surprise that Brits have that attitude about teeth. UGH!
jhsieh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a superb (expert and not greedy) dentist who speaks great English and charged me fairly low prices. Paid around $400-$500 U.S. dollars for dental procedures (cavity drilling, white fillings for a few cavities, teeth whitening, teeth cleaning, gum treatment, scaling) that would've costed me close to $2,000 in the U.S. (I paid in cash BTW as a courtesy, but that's me) I'm sooo happy and surprised at the results on my teeth, it's like they're brand new, he did a great job! =D

The dentist's name is Park Taehee of MAPLE Dental Clinic inbetween Gangnam station and Shin-Nonhyeon station. He speaks great English and gave me detailed explanations of procedures in English. Contact number is 02-3476-2825. Building is next to Ashley's Restaurant.

This was like a year ago, not sure how the prices are now, but I don't think it'll be that much of a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: