Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Girls' Generation song
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: New Girls' Generation song Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7ftOZBy0E

Quote:
Girls' Generation has made a drastic change.

They recently made a comeback with a tough hip-hop sound, which is very different from their usual feminine and cute concept.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/18789/20130102/girls-generation-snsd-i-got-a-boy-music-video-180-degree-change.htm

Quote:
Immediately upon its release, �I Got A Boy� rose to the #1 spot on Naver Music, Melon, Monkey3, Bugs, Soribada, Olleh Music, and Mnet real-time charts.

The album also is quite popular in the United States as it has entered the Top 20 on the iTunes Bestselling album chart.

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/girls-generations-i-got-a-boy-achieves-an-all-kill-places-on-itunes-chart
Dodge7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. How pathetic can you get, really? They change their image over night to hip hop of all things? That is the very definition of poser but Koreans are too naive to figure that out. They look like some tough girls now - dont mess with them lol.
It's ok if that's what they choose to do, but do they even know why hip hop was born and where the originators drew their inspiration from? Violence, selling drugs and murdering in the streets. I want to puke every time I see a straight edge Korean girl trying to act hard. They have absolutely NO idea how stupid they look to Westerners. I feel embarrassed for them actually.

Whatever sells i guess...
Singularity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
It's ok if that's what they choose to do, but do they even know why hip hop was born and where the originators drew their inspiration from? Violence, selling drugs and murdering in the streets.

Wow, I love it when people make themselves look stupid.

You should look a bit more into the roots of hip hop before claiming it originated in the violent street scene.

Hip hop didn't really become violent until the mid-80s when the gangster rap scene on the west coast took off. See NWA.

Furthermore, hip hop to this day is not just about drugs and guns. There are other styles as well.
comm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
I want to puke every time I see a straight edge Korean girl trying to act hard.

You didn't actually watch the video, did you?
They look about as 'hard' as the Olsen twins when they were on Full House... and now that I think about it, their clothing is pretty similar as well. So hardcore.
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fast-forwarded through the video. I was half expecting Booger and Lamar to make an appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFJ9M1W4G0
Dodge7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singularity wrote:
Dodge7 wrote:
It's ok if that's what they choose to do, but do they even know why hip hop was born and where the originators drew their inspiration from? Violence, selling drugs and murdering in the streets.

Wow, I love it when people make themselves look stupid.

You should look a bit more into the roots of hip hop before claiming it originated in the violent street scene.

Hip hop didn't really become violent until the mid-80s when the gangster rap scene on the west coast took off. See NWA.

Furthermore, hip hop to this day is not just about drugs and guns. There are other styles as well.

I was speaking about rap from the 80's on...and whatever you want to call it, it's crap anyway.
Zackback

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when kittens pretend to be tigers.
ricochet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just loved the brown and black eyes semi-wrinkling at me from plastic-TV-land but too much dyed red hair and in fact too many girls. digged the pink-haired chick and i think one actually wore blue hair. however, all that dyed red and blond red-blond streaked hair on the rest of those girls sort of left me thinking that i was peering into a Korean hair-dye special discount commercial hair salon.

loved the chick with the natural black hair, teenager look(call me old-fashioned but black is still beautiful where im from). the dancing techniques and modern pop dance choreography ive seen a million times before by similar Asian and especially Kpop groups and even though i shudve xpected as much, its getting old, and, i find myself hoping for something way more new and creatively original for younger fans digging Kpop and this overall pop genre in general.

the song itself was a tad boring except for a bunch of young cute Korean girls bouncing about trying to tell of some kind of young love story through music but doing it through a high fantastical, but im sure unintentionally, superficially modern, nearly comical caricatural satire leaves the video shallow and romantically pretentious.

the music is drab and without real, meaningful substance that a young Korean adult or Korean teenager can in real-life learn from or connect to on a daily routine social level. the beat was slow and empty, the tune was hum-drum and the singing was sub-par compared to many other Korean female pop singers.

overall, i liked it visually but hated listening to and trying to understand it. Cool
falco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful song......not even a catchy melody. A real piece of &%#.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That song was so bad, I had to stop it every time they switched genre. It took a minute or so for me to rid my mind of the crap I just heard and then I went back and started the song again. The only reason I subjected myself to that torture was I didn't want to be unfair and criticize the song if I hadn't listened to the entire thing. Like so many other K-pop things, they tried to do too many things at one time. The end result: garbage.
youtuber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible.

They should stick to being cute. K-poppers just can't pull of the whole hip-hop gangster thing.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on some of the comments on here, I can't tell who has a harder time grasping the difference between fantasy and reality, Koreans "acting hard" or Dave's poster who can't tell that they are selling a "Fantasy" and that Koreans know it's a fantasy.

The song sux.
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about the song so much as that video isn't really good to spank to. Shocked

Laughing

They're still hot, but I miss the short shorts and high heels those girls wore a few years ago.
thrylos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything-is-everything wrote:
I don't care about the song so much as that video isn't really good to spank to. Shocked

Laughing

They're still hot, but I miss the short shorts and high heels those girls wore a few years ago.

You're absolutely right-- no spankapalooza here. Neutral
jammo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is tough hiphop I think ODB just turned over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: