Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Girls' Generation song
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodge7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrylos wrote:
everything-is-everything wrote:
I don't care about the song so much as that video isn't really good to spank to. Shocked

Laughing

They're still hot, but I miss the short shorts and high heels those girls wore a few years ago.

You're absolutely right-- no spankapalooza here. Neutral

You guys "spank" to female Korean dance vids? What are you 12?
thrylos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:

You guys "spank" to female Korean dance vids? What are you 12?

Metaphorically speaking...Why, do you watch K-pop for the "quality" of "music"? Rolling Eyes
ricochet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its nowhere, and now for something completely different...

Arrow http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbe1ea_eating-monkey-s-brain_people#.UOldSORfC84 Cool
Singularity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricochet wrote:
its nowhere, and now for something completely different...

Arrow http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbe1ea_eating-monkey-s-brain_people#.UOldSORfC84 Cool

What in the hell? Oh my God Laughing

I don't even know what to say!
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Girls' Generation's latest song "I Got a Boy," which was released at the beginning of the year, is already proving a hit. As the music video is being viewed on YouTube at a faster pace than "Gangnam Style," some expect the song to ape the success of Psy's viral hit.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/01/15/2013011500504.html
Quote:
"Foreign fans are more interested in the song partly because it has broken out of the typical K-pop mould," said popular music critic Song Ki-chul.

SM Entertainment, the band's agency, said, "We expected local fans to say that the song feels a little strange to them, but we wanted to try various new avenues as we regard the song as a cornerstone to enter the U.S. market."

As the song targets the global market, the composers consist of people from four different countries. Including SM Entertainment's producer and director Yoo Young-jin, British, Norwegian and Swedish songwriters participated in writing it.

The big question now is: can Girls' Generation follow in the oversized footsteps of Psy?

Experts say the band stands to benefit as Psy has already paved the way and laid a strong framework by meeting famous producer Scooter Braun and engaging in various promotional activities in the U.S. Going down a similar road, the girls plan to release a new album via Interscope Records, a major label in the U.S., this year.

"We are preparing a number of new songs for Girls' Generation's new album, including an English version of 'I Got a Boy,' and they will travel back and forth between the U.S. and Korea," the agency said.

"The music video for 'I Got a Boy' is a feast for the eyes, much like 'Gangnam Style' was, due to the dynamic choreography," said music critic Kim Zakka. "Close cooperation between SM and Interscope will play an important role in its success."
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if those British songwriters also get the old 'can't get a job in your own country' jibes. Judging from the quality of the song they probably do.
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
Quote:
Girls' Generation's latest song "I Got a Boy," which was released at the beginning of the year, is already proving a hit. As the music video is being viewed on YouTube at a faster pace than "Gangnam Style," some expect the song to ape the success of Psy's viral hit.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/01/15/2013011500504.html
Quote:
"Foreign fans are more interested in the song partly because it has broken out of the typical K-pop mould," said popular music critic Song Ki-chul.

SM Entertainment, the band's agency, said, "We expected local fans to say that the song feels a little strange to them, but we wanted to try various new avenues as we regard the song as a cornerstone to enter the U.S. market."

As the song targets the global market, the composers consist of people from four different countries. Including SM Entertainment's producer and director Yoo Young-jin, British, Norwegian and Swedish songwriters participated in writing it.

The big question now is: can Girls' Generation follow in the oversized footsteps of Psy?

Experts say the band stands to benefit as Psy has already paved the way and laid a strong framework by meeting famous producer Scooter Braun and engaging in various promotional activities in the U.S. Going down a similar road, the girls plan to release a new album via Interscope Records, a major label in the U.S., this year.

"We are preparing a number of new songs for Girls' Generation's new album, including an English version of 'I Got a Boy,' and they will travel back and forth between the U.S. and Korea," the agency said.

"The music video for 'I Got a Boy' is a feast for the eyes, much like 'Gangnam Style' was, due to the dynamic choreography," said music critic Kim Zakka. "Close cooperation between SM and Interscope will play an important role in its success."

...and after this disaster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV7Oqh3E8g8

their management company has finally understood that it's better if most people abroad can't understand a word they are singing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: