Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I downgrade to windows 7 from 8?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madowlspeaks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: How can I downgrade to windows 7 from 8? Reply with quote

My frind brought a laptop back from the States for me...but with windows 8 which I detest. What can I do? Should I bring it to a computer place or can I downgrade myself?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I downgrade to windows 7 from 8? Reply with quote

madowlspeaks wrote:
My frind brought a laptop back from the States for me...but with windows 8 which I detest. What can I do? Should I bring it to a computer place or can I downgrade myself?

Format and install the O/S of your choice.
You cannot "downgrade" from win8 to win7.

Make sure you have the device drivers for your computer before you format it.

You can do it yourself or you can take it to any computer shop and get it done. Make sure you tell them that you want "ENGLISH" set as the primary language when it is installed.

madowlspeaks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a device driver?
wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are files that the operating system uses to correctly operate the hardware, such as the audio driver, graphics card driver, bluetooth radio module driver, etc. each computer model usually has it's own set of drivers that can be downloaded onto a usb stick from the manufacturers website. then after the operating system is installed then the drivers can be added through the control panel.

whoever helps you install windows 7 can help install the drivers i'd assume.
singerdude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 7 will recognize most hardware and install its own drivers, but it is always best to download drivers from the manufacturer's site for each device(Graphics card, motherboard drivers, etc). The most important driver to download is the Ethernet driver. You can download the rest of the drivers online after you install windows. This is mainly for desktop computers though. Since you have a laptop, I would go to the manufacturer's site (Asus,Acer,Lenovo, whatever the laptop make is) and download all of the drivers like the others said and save them on a USB flash drive or burn them to DVD.

If it is a touchscreen laptop I would reconsider using Win 8 as it is much better for touch than Win 7.
dazzed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to get the drivers... go to the website of the laptop manufacture.

Just input the model number of your laptop in search and all the drivers will be there.

After you download it.. save it on USB stick.

Just install each driver after you install fresh OS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: