Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loud neighbors, what to do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3DR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulNate wrote:
drkalbi wrote:
Had the same problem in our apartment. My wife called the Maintenance/Admin office and told them the problem. They took care of it and no problem since.

try this first.

However, (minus having the wife) it didnt work for me.

I cut a hole in the bottom of a trash can so that i could run a cord through it, and placed my ihome inside. I duct taped the bucket to the ceiling and blasted the thing full go (it is loud and the bass has a kick) while i went to sokcho for three days.

When i got back on monday, i left a note on their door that said if they do not stop with the noise, the same thing will happen every time i leave my apartment.

Had zero problems after that. Dude even bought me dinner :p

I must say that this worked wonderfully. 2 or 3 young women live next to me and were constantly noisy between 2am and 7am. I don't know if they worked at a bar or if they even have jobs, but they constantly stay up and sleep throughout the day.

After knocking on the door (with no response), having the security guard talk to them, and bouncing my basketball off the walls, I found this post.

I did a variation and used my big plastic bowl. I put my speakers inside of them and taped the bowl against the wall. I turned the music up loud as hell and left to go to work at 8am. I left it on all day (knowing that this is when they sleep). I came back at 4:30 and haven't heard a peep since (been 4 days knock on wood).
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always specifically pick buildings that have superior noise isolation, never heard my neighbors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: