Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Dominos Pizza change their recipe in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiltern wrote:
Something to think about when ordering from Domino's....

Domino's founder wants to strip a woman's right to choose and make abortions illegal. He has funded Operation Rescue, Right to Life, Priests for Life, and the Committee to End State-Funded Abortion in Michigan.

Papa John's also has funded right-wing extremist causes.

Pretty much any company has scumbag practices, and as I consider myself a "moderate" on the abortion question, I care not if the owner of a company leans strongly one way or the other.

I for one, do not expect any coporate entity or politician to be anything but replete with scumbags and agenda pushers. Anyone who expects anything moral in that department is being naive.

The stock listings are basically a crime blotter in alternate form and the political news a list of which criminals have done what.

And you know what, that's the way it's pretty much always been. Life goes on.
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Domino's pizza last year, and while I wasn't expecting anything good, I was still shocked when I took a bite and it had mashed sweet potato where the tomato sauce should have been.

Another candidate for worst pizza is Pizza School, which is just crust, cheese, and a few specks of tomato sauce in such small quantity that it can't be tasted. I know I shouldn't expect good pizza for 5,000 won, but why skimp on the tomato sauce? I'd expect them to do that for the cheese, but not the tomato sauce.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pizza- Costco
Very good- Homeplus, E-Mart
Bad- Lottemart
joeteacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiltern wrote:
Something to think about when ordering from Domino's....

Domino's founder wants to strip a woman's right to choose and make abortions illegal. He has funded Operation Rescue, Right to Life, Priests for Life, and the Committee to End State-Funded Abortion in Michigan.

Papa John's also has funded right-wing extremist causes.

Because...screw facts....he's not a part of the company anymore. He sold his stake of the company in 1998 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Monaghan).

It's okay everyone...we can eat Domino's again!!!
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys really shouldn't eat pizza. There's no food found in nature with these mega doses of both carbs and fat (plus sugar).

Here, I looked up Dominoes "Hand Tossed Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza": 124g fat, 280g carbs, 24g sugar (2680 calories total). Add a Coke and you get the typical American body shape.

Eat Korean thin pizza w/ seafood and vegi.
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
You guys really shouldn't eat pizza. There's no food found in nature with these mega doses of both carbs and fat (plus sugar).

Thanks for the nutrition lesson, Gary Taubes. Rolling Eyes
lemak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:

Sounds hideous. Think I'll stick to my Bacon/Cheddar Cheese.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:

That sounds even worse.

I love how people rip on Koreans for putting Sweet potato or corn on a pizza and making it "not authentic" and then carry on about BBQ Chicken Pizza or Bacon & Cheddar Cheese pizza being THE BOMB.

You do realize that things like Shrimp and squid are closer to "authentic" Italian cuisine than BBQ Chicken, right?

Man, this is like some NET who calls his kids "ignorant" because they pronounced Italy- Italia and Rome- Roma.
highstreet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like corn and sweet potato and I like pizza. So the combination is allright with me. I saw a No Reservations where Bourdain went to some pizza place in NY (?) and the pizza-maker-guy was dumping loads of corn on his pizza and nobody cared. So to finish, pizza good.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
lemak wrote:
KimchiNinja wrote:

That sounds worse.

Agreed.

You know, we had a big long thread about "is Korean food healthy?", but really most people from the US won't learn a darn while thing here. Just continue with their bread + sweet/meat diet of doom (SAD).
lemak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
You do realize that things like Shrimp and squid are closer to "authentic" Italian cuisine than BBQ Chicken, right?

Oh! Wow, thanks for enlightening me. Not. Actually I don't give a crap. I know what tastes better. No one is claiming bacon cheddar cheese pizza to be authentic, original style Italian pizza. It tastes good.

Quote:
Man, this is like some NET who calls his kids "ignorant" because they pronounced Italy- Italia and Rome- Roma.

You're right apart from the fact it's absolutely nothing alike.

Enjoy ur broccoli and squid vomit "pizza", mate! Laughing
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

Oh! Wow, thanks for enlightening me. Not. Actually I don't give a crap. I know what tastes better. No one is claiming bacon cheddar cheese pizza to be authentic, original style Italian pizza. It tastes good.

Quote:

Sorry, but if you can't see that Broccoli and Calamari together is both better, more authentic, and a better tasting combination than Bacon & Cheddar, then you really have no business talking about food.

You can find pizzas with squid on them in Italy. You won't find any with Bacon & Cheddar cheese.

So you can claim that it tastes better. Just don't ridicule Koreans for "butchering" pizza. If an Italian were to decide which was "butchering" pizza more, they'd choose bacon & cheddar.

But in the Dave's world, it's the Koreans that put squid and Broccoli on a pizza who are somehow more inauthentic and "butchering" it.

Sorry, complete NET fail.

Now that does not excuse sweet potato and corn pizza, but it doesn't justify BBQ Chicken or Bacon & Cheddar pizza.

It's like the NETs who ridicule Korean breakfast of fish and rice and then point to Flosted Frakes and Pop Tarts as being a "true" breakfast. Sorry. That's a fail.

Bacon & Cheddar pizza= Sweet Garlic bread. If you can't see that, then you have no business critiquing Korean pizza.
lemak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelrails wrote:
lemak wrote:
Steelrails wrote:

Quote:

Sorry, but if you can't see that Broccoli and Calamari together is both better, more authentic, and a better tasting combination than Bacon & Cheddar, then you really have no business talking about food.

You can find pizzas with squid on them in Italy. You won't find any with Bacon & Cheddar cheese.

So you can claim that it tastes better. Just don't ridicule Koreans for "butchering" pizza. If an Italian were to decide which was "butchering" pizza more, they'd choose bacon & cheddar.

But in the Dave's world, it's the Koreans that put squid and Broccoli on a pizza who are somehow more inauthentic and "butchering" it.

Sorry, complete NET fail.

Now that does not excuse sweet potato and corn pizza, but it doesn't justify BBQ Chicken or Bacon & Cheddar pizza.

It's like the NETs who ridicule Korean breakfast of fish and rice and then point to Flosted Frakes and Pop Tarts as being a "true" breakfast. Sorry. That's a fail.

Bacon & Cheddar pizza= Sweet Garlic bread. If you can't see that, then you have no business critiquing Korean pizza.

Once more time for the slow kids in the back row..... Where did I claim Dominos/Bacon Cheddar Cheese Pizza or any kind of Westernized style pizza to be *authentic* anything??? Oh yeah. Never. NET fail!

I don't *care* what you find "authentic". I don't *care* if the first "authentic" (lol) ice cream was made from truffles or bat sperm. You want to eat that crap because you find it "authentic" then knock yourself out. I'll stick to what I like the taste of, and I don't need borderline autistic, NET failtards such as yourself telling me what I *should* like the taste of simply because they read it online or someone more snooty or pretentious than them told them to think it, mate.

Sorry if you can't see that social inept losers endlessly driveling on with nonsensical, miscomprehended "NET fail" rubbish to people who neither care nor value said opinion is a worse combination than insight or wisdom. People who can't see this have no business condescending to people who *don't* spend all hours of the day in the "Daves world", "butchering" intellect. LOL.

But - yeah. You're right. Rolling Eyes Bacon tastes crap. Cheese tastes crap. Pizza tastes crap. What was I thinking all these years? Next thing you're going to be telling me music and sex (with ladies) sucks too. Not that I'm expecting anyone who practically *lives* in your "Daves world" to know what sex is, so carrying on eating those veg, smoking up a storm and carrying those women's handbags...desperately....hoping....sunshine.

By the way I'm sure no one in Italy ever put any kind of cured pig meat or coagulated milk products on pizza. Ever. Rolling Eyes

And if you can't see that you have no business critiquing *anything*, but hey...whatever keeps you and your 1,000 post a day fat bum off the steel rails of your hagwon provided 9 pyung apartment balcony, mate... "Daves world" psychiatry, lol.

So kindly eff off and attempt an insecure, attention-seeking month long argument about pointless crap like nicest color socks, best font on Microsoft Word or strongest brand of drinking straws with someone (certainly not I) who actually finds your opinions enlightening, w@nker. Rolling Eyes.....there must be *someone*.......surely......[tumbleweeds]
Steelrails

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll stick to what I like the taste of, and I don't need borderline autistic, NET failtards such as yourself telling me what I *should* like the taste of simply because they read it online or someone more snooty or pretentious than them told them to think it, mate.

Hey if you want to rip another person's tastes, be able to take it when yours are put under the microscope.

It's not fun to hear that your taste is hideous is it?

Quote:
Where did I claim Dominos/Bacon Cheddar Cheese Pizza or any kind of Westernized style pizza to be *authentic* anything???

Here-

Quote:
Enjoy ur broccoli and squid vomit "pizza", mate!

The quotations around the word "pizza". It infers that it is something other than pizza, but called 'pizza'. You did not put those around your Bacon & Cheddar "pizza", even though its more "pizza" and less pizza than a broccoli & squid one.

It's fine if you are happy with your inauthentic Bacon&Cheddar pizza- I love Gyro meat on a pizza (not very authentic), but you come across as silly when you then rip on people for eating Squid & Broccoli or get perturbed by sweet garlic bread or Sweet Potato on a pizza.

Quote:
By the way I'm sure no one in Italy ever put any kind of cured pig meat or coagulated milk products on pizza

No one said they didn't. But to not recognize that broccoli (a word that is Italian in origin) and squid are in fact an acceptable combination and closer to what "Italians" might eat is just showing a lack of expertise on the subject.

I mean, calamari/shrimp & broccoli pasta is a rather common dish. They aren't some sort of wild, out of the blue pairing. Certainly they shouldn't have provoked that sort of reaction, as I've probably eaten a dozen times at some pasta place back home where someone ordered the "Shrimp & Broccoli Fetticini Alfredo".

If you had said pancetta & romano, then there might be something to it.

Both pizzas are not some drastic example of inauthenticity and bad taste. Bacon & Cheddar taste great together. So do squid & broccoli.

The problem was you applied objective statements to a subjective subject.

Quote:
So kindly eff off and attempt an insecure, attention-seeking month long argument about pointless crap like nicest color socks, best font on Microsoft Word or strongest brand of drinking straws with someone (certainly not I) who actually finds your opinions enlightening, w@nker. .....there must be *someone*.......surely......[tumbleweeds]

For someone who dished it out at the beginning, sure seem to be having a problem taking it.

This all could have been avoided with a reply of "Really? My favorite pizza is Bacon & Cheddar." instead of "Sounds hideous."
lemak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now go back and read my last paragraph. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: