Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using past recruiters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicaxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Using past recruiters Reply with quote

Last job search I contacted quite a few recruiters and although I didn't take a job from some, I was thinking of contacting them again for my current job search. I was just wondering how long a recruiter will keep your information or if I apply to the same recruiters will they have a record that I've contacted them before. I was thinking they might not want to work with me if they have record that I've refused their offers in the past.
YTMND

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was thinking they might not want to work with me if they have record that I've refused their offers in the past.

Their main gripe is that you may not have finished a year. Schools don't seem to care, but recruiters have to provide the school with a teacher for the year. If you worked a year, then that is better than an unknown person they haven't spoken with yet.

It shouldn't matter anyway. If you apply and they have a problem they will say no. Move on to the next one. There is no need to stay up all night worrying about this.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if others have this experience with recruiters but most seem to go 100% for you one time and after that they seem to prefer that you talk to someone else.
cincynate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Their main gripe is that you may not have finished a year.

True.. The recruiters don't get paid if you leave before the year is over, so as long as you finished out your last contract, they will be happy to work with you.

You should still contact several recruiters( old and new) and select the best offer).
imagicaxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. These are recruiters I didn't take a job though. So far, one hasn't mentioned anything so I'm assuming they don't remember and the other I'm working with a different person within the company and they haven't said anything.
Skippy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruiters will not really care to much of the past. Unless you did something really awful like drag your feet or change your mind at last moment when a recruiter had almost had your signed with a school. Or if the recruiter remembers having to hold your hand a lot in the first couple of months. If those happened then a past recruiter will likely skip on you or just do the minimal.

Recruiters are looking for easy hires and people who can be shuffled into a job with minimal effort and headaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: