Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Costco:Hot turkey sandwiches and pizza sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sojusucks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Costco:Hot turkey sandwiches and pizza sale Reply with quote

This week the pizzas in the food court are on sale. Regular price is 12,500 and the sale price is 10,000. Also there are hot turkey and provolone sandwiches in the food court for 4,500 with melted cheese, tomatoes, and fried onions. Delicious!
Singularity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up.
jondepoer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, a "hot turkey sandwich" is an open faced sandwich usually made with turkey leftovers after Christmas and Thanksgiving, sprinkled with stuffing, and drowned in gravy. That travesty is a soggy premade ciabatta with the cheapest kind of processed sandwich ham. Completely untainted by any trace of bird, let alone turkey.

Sorry, I went there today expecting the former and got the latter. Not your fault, obviously haha..
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the turkey sandwich. I thought the sandwich was quite flavorful. I liked the herbs, the cheese. The turkey was decent, but I think the turkey meat could have been somewhat better, to be fair, but I definitely liked the sandwich as did two other people I know who've tried it. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.
cmurphy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull & Barrel in Itaewon has authentic style Hot Turkey sandwiches... open and covered in gravy and stuffing.
seala70

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jondepoer wrote:
Dude, a "hot turkey sandwich" is an open faced sandwich usually made with turkey leftovers after Christmas and Thanksgiving, sprinkled with stuffing, and drowned in gravy. That travesty is a soggy premade ciabatta with the cheapest kind of processed sandwich ham. Completely untainted by any trace of bird, let alone turkey.

Sorry, I went there today expecting the former and got the latter. Not your fault, obviously haha..

Well, I think expecting anything more than what you got from a Costco food court in Korea is a bit much. Would've been nice if they could've made fresh turkey and stuffing in an oven in the back with fresh baked bread. Life sucks.
BigBuds

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the turkey sandwich yesterday.

Terrible is an understatement. Way too mcuh sloppy onion which just soaked the entire sandwich. Didn't notice any turkey on it, and i looked. Just a pile of processed ham, and two slices of tomato.

I was kind of, at a bare minimum, expecting turkey on a turkey sandwich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: