Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know about Hi English? [Adult courses, Seoul]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8shac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Anyone know about Hi English? [Adult courses, Seoul] Reply with quote

Recently applied for a job at "Hi English" located in western Seoul.

Seems to me that the initial interview went quickly and painlessly. They invited me back to take a "TOEFL Test" to see if I qualify, and for job training.

Turns out that what happens is an hour-long spiel about how the curriculum is developed along with maybe 30 minutes of pointers and take-aways about how to hold peoples' attention in class. After this point, we break, then do a sample video based on what we learned in 5 mins. It's kinda hokey, but hey, why not.

My concern is that what happened was by no means a "TOEFL Test," and they didn't really prepare me to be ready for a video which will likely be screened by prospective clients for their placement agency.

Does anyone have experience with this agency, and with good results?
PEIGUY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a business class with them. They were ok, they payed on time with no hassles. Their was a communication breakdown when a class was cancelled and I showed up however I was payed in the end. All said and done they're ok. They tend to pay lower than the other big outsourcing companies like Carrot, YBM etc.
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That not-telling-you in advance, and expected things not happening at all is just general Korean culture.

So don't hold that aspect against that particular school. If the previous poster said they're good then go for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: