Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Applying for E2 visa - Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearnana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Applying for E2 visa - Confused Reply with quote

Ok so I have recieved my notice of appointment and my contract. Now I need to apply for my visa.

According to my recruiter:

Quote:
"Then you will need to take or send (you don�t need to go there in person) the following to the Korean consulate in London :

- Notice of appointment & employment contract

- Consular checklist (attached)

- Passport, copy of passport page, passport size picture, completed visa application form (attached), 80GBP fee (money order only or cash in person)

- Self-addressed pre-paid envelope if required

The consulate will process the above & provide your E2 teaching visa for you. An interview is not required."

I'm stumped at the very first question of the visa application. Confirmation of VISA ISSUANCE No. :...? Where do I find that? Is it on my notice of appointment, or somewhere in my contract?

Also, is it ok to fill out the visa application and consular checklist by pen, or does it need to be typed?

Please answer ASAP.

Edit - The job is for a public school position with IMOE.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOA form in place of the visa confirmation number. Affix it to the application (paperclip not a staple).

Pen is fine. PRINT clearly in block letters.

mayorhaggar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recruiter said not to put down anything for the visa issuance #. I'm with EPIK.
xihtug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mayor

I'm in EPIK and I forgot to put the issuance # at the top. I turned in everything and then I realized I didn't put the # on. I went back and begged them so I could edit my documents. They told me I don't need it for EPIK.

Anyway flash forward a few days later they give me my visa. EPIK doesn't need the number, they just need the contract+NOA.
tremault

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to clarify for you,
the confirmation of visa issuance number, is the number that the sponsor will obtain from the appropriate department in Korea.
I don't know the case for EPIK, but if you weren't on EPIK, your sponsor would be obtaining that for you.
From what the guys are saying here, the EPIK program is government program and as such can authorise the visa without going through that dept.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For private hires the employer seeks a visa confirmation number from immigration.

For EPIK/GEPIK the government issues a notice of appointment (NOA).

For those with a visa confirmation number, just enter the number in the appropriate place on the application form when you apply for the visa.

For those with a NOA you don't have/won't get a visa confirmation number.
Attach the NOA to the visa application instead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: