Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadians.. new ministry of education requirements for CRC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watergirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Canadians.. new ministry of education requirements for CRC Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Oh God.. it's still ongoing.. the confusion over rcmp or provincial crcs.

I'm applying for jobs and have been asked twice now for 'copies of my diploma and CRC' as being needed for a new Ministry of Education requirement. The thing is, my provincial CRC was fine last year for immigration because they know it includes a search through the RCMP's database, but this one employer seemed to think it had to be an RCMP check only.
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this?

thanks.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Canadians.. new ministry of education requirements for C Reply with quote

watergirl wrote:
Hi everyone
Oh God.. it's still ongoing.. the confusion over rcmp or provincial crcs.

I'm applying for jobs and have been asked twice now for 'copies of my diploma and CRC' as being needed for a new Ministry of Education requirement. The thing is, my provincial CRC was fine last year for immigration because they know it includes a search through the RCMP's database, but this one employer seemed to think it had to be an RCMP check only.
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this?

thanks.

It's an employer issue - ignorance of the system... not a MOE one.

Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First can we get some info. Like for what kind of Job. Plus what kind of visa are you on or going to be on.

As far as I know, provincial, National(RCMP), and some cities are still accepted. Like you commented, the CRC has to check the National database. Also, there are certain restrictions like it can not be an email or internet check. If it looks funky like a scan, they will refuse. Some of the CRCs look like they are printed out from the net.

In general, as long as the check is verified by the local Korean consulate it should be fine. Most immigration officials are looking for stamps and seals with Korean writing and NO RECORD found. Still, you can get picky officials who want things done one way.

Some employers are operating under incorrect knowledge like that the CRC has to be RCMP. Or very general knowledge that all CRCs for every E2 has to be national which for Canadians means RCMP. It is a little surprising that employers do not always know the details on visa procedures and immigration regulations. Why, when you only have to deal with once or twice a year or recruiter deals with the waygooks for them.

The same recruiters. Sometimes it is just incorrect info like above. Yet they ask for for RCMP because it is what works the best. To avoid hassles and troubles they just ask for the RCMP rather then provincial. Dealing with alternatives many times just slows things down and can mess up a deal for them.

So OP double check if it is needed. Do try to find out WHO is exactly is asking for RCMP. It might be the boss is just asking for what he thinks he need. So you will have to explain simply and multiple times, that things are fine. But, the request might be from an official department.

For the future consider getting and having a RCMP check in the works. Consider it like your toothbrush get a new once every six months. Of course, I should follow my own advice.
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Gyeongsangnam-do and being told by the MOE in Gimhae that I need an ORIGINAL RCMP check with apotstille. . . nevermind that Canada doesn't participate in the apostille system.

Whoever the official at the MOE office here is, they sure have their shit wrong. How the hell can we go about fixing this issue?
s.tickbeat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Gyeongsangnam-do and being told by the MOE in Gimhae that I need an ORIGINAL RCMP check with apotstille. . . nevermind that Canada doesn't participate in the apostille system.

Whoever the official at the MOE office here is, they sure have their shit wrong. How the hell can we go about fixing this issue?
Seoul_newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about this issue, but why not contact the main immigration office in Seoul and ask for a clarification on the issue? If they agree with you, ask them to contact the official and give them the official's name and contact information. Or get them to put it in writing on an official doc and show it to the guy.
watergirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah
I've seen that some recruiters still request people to get the RCMP check, but I've noticed, less than last year. True, by the way, seoul immigration understands that a national RCMP check can be done in some cities.
But, the Canadian Embassy still says that the CRC must be from the RCMP and this is officially on a bulletin they give out. So, I'm guessing this doesn't help things so, yeah, i think some recruiters such as Korvia, who seems pretty bright in other things, may be just asking for the RCMP, because there are still some misinformed people.
But, actually, a pt job at an academy on a Saturday, requested the RCMP CRC for the Education office, and now I've seen some ads asking for a CRC for the education office as well. NOte, none of these jobs are in public schools, so I think there is a new paper requirement from the Education office (sorry, forgot the exact name but I've listed it in my original post).
I'm just going to call a recruiter in my city that deals with both public and private school jobs to check this out.
Because it could be anew requirement, unbelievable, they are changing again. I know that that there are new required docs for the F visa people.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canada, the checks are all national unlike in the old U S of A. So, any check is acceptable. Any employer or POE asking for anything else is full of you know what.
newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seoul_newbie wrote:
I don't know much about this issue, but why not contact the main immigration office in Seoul and ask for a clarification on the issue? If they agree with you, ask them to contact the official and give them the official's name and contact information. Or get them to put it in writing on an official doc and show it to the guy.

Although i agee wih you, good luck having immi officers to help you out. You'll be lucky ifthey lift a finger for you. There are some exceptions though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: