Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bringing a guitar from the states

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crivest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Bringing a guitar from the states Reply with quote

So I've just taken a gig and should be heading out in about a month. Wondering if anyone has any particular advice on whether it's worth bringing a guitar from the states or I can pick something Japanese or Korean up on the cheap there. Also it occurred to me that I could perhaps buy something like a used American strat before I leave and maybe sell it off for a bit of a profit? I guess it boils down to a question of the demand for American guitars over there. I should also point out that I personally don't have any preference for the hype over American-made, my favorite guitar at home is a Chinese Epiphone. Much obliged.
Murakano

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure which part of Korea you are moving to but Nagwon Arcade in Seoul is a HUGE place that sell all kinds of guitars, Japanese and American models too. You will however pay a premium for the Japanese/American models unfortunately. To be honest I have bought several Korean made guitars and they`ve been fine (particularly Crafter if you`re looking at acoustics)....very good quality and prices very reasonable. Just drop by and spend all day checking them out if you must.

I`m not sure if I`d risk bringing over a nice guitar from back home to be honest.
cj1976

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I wish I could go to the States and get a guitar. An American made Fender or Gibson is pure quality and will outshine any Chinese-made counterpart. Also, they hold their value if you feel like selling later on.
Guitars here are ridiculously overpriced. Nakwon arcade is full of con-artists, who just jack up their prices as much as they can. A Korean made PRS-SE costs $200 less in the USA, for example. Avoid Nakwon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: