Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I see the Super Bowl with AMERICAN commercials?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joesp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Where can I see the Super Bowl with AMERICAN commercials? Reply with quote

If you're reading this thread you probably know the Super Bowl is tomorrow morning ....

Last year I went to the pub opposite Sam Ryan's there on the 4-way on the second floor and they showed Canadian commercials. It was horrible. Nothing but nice people talking about health care and behaving nice. So counter-productive. This year, I wanna see the US commercials .... seems like half the fun of watching the Super Bowl ....

Please help me!! If you saw the Super Bowl last year in Itaewon .... with US commercials, where was this ???

and, the Internet says kick-off is 8:30 AM ..... fyi

Please, Thanks!
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pay $9.95 to nfl.com and watch it online with all the us commercials from the comfort of your living room.
cheolsu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's by far the best solution, yes. It's how I've been watching games all season. A season's worth of games, playoffs included, is about $300, which I split with three friends.
joesp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cabin fever
dairyairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them are already on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=t535BjVmXq8&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2prAccclXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emhtp2prOxQ

As the ads are shown on the telecast they will also be posted on youtube within minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/user/adblitz?feature=inp-yo-SPB
kinship

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last year I went to the pub opposite Sam Ryan's there on the 4-way on the second floor and they showed Canadian commercials. It was horrible. Nothing but nice people talking about health care and behaving nice. So counter-productive. This year, I wanna see the US commercials .... seems like half the fun of watching the Super Bowl ...

Go to America. I got tired of the Super Bowl after the first day of hype and will be glad when it is over.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, one of the things they don't tell you in the brochures is that there are a billion Canadians teaching in Korea and most of the Itaewon bars are there for them, and care only about Canadian events. I found this out the hard way my first year here when absolutely no one in Itaewon was doing anything about showing even one minute of"March Madness" but all were showing plenty of replays of last week's 0-0 tie between Calgary and Ottawa from "Hockey Night in Canada" when Don Cherry wore a funny suit. Remember that one? It was funny, eh? OMG

Feel lucky tht there are Super Bowl events this year mostly because the Super Bowl is televised around the world. Otherwise the Super Bowl would be preempted in Itaewon for a replay of that (yawn) thrilling 1-0 Boston win over the Leafs from Saturday's "Hockey Night in Canada" when Don Cherry wore that funny suit. Again. Wasn't it funny, eh?
rainman3277

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
OP, one of the things they don't tell you in the brochures is that there are a billion Canadians teaching in Korea and most of the Itaewon bars are there for them, and care only about Canadian events. I found this out the hard way my first year here when absolutely no one in Itaewon was doing anything about showing even one minute of"March Madness" but all were showing plenty of replays of last week's 0-0 tie between Calgary and Ottawa from "Hockey Night in Canada" when Don Cherry wore a funny suit. Remember that one? It was funny, eh? OMG

Feel lucky tht there are Super Bowl events this year mostly because the Super Bowl is televised around the world. Otherwise the Super Bowl would be preempted in Itaewon for a replay of that (yawn) thrilling 1-0 Boston win over the Leafs from Saturday's "Hockey Night in Canada" when Don Cherry wore that funny suit. Again. Wasn't it funny, eh?

1) Wrong 2) Someone needs his diaper changed
is so delicious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hogwonguy1979 wrote:
pay $9.95 to nfl.com and watch it online with all the us commercials from the comfort of your living room.

Is it possible to buy this and watch AFTER it is over? Or only live??

***********NO GAME SPOILERS, PLEASE***********
overdrive2023x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched them all on NFL.com.

Didnt have to pay or anything. You're watching advertisements! Why would you have to buy to watch them?
dairyairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainman3277 wrote:
dairyairy wrote:

1) Wrong 2) Someone needs his diaper changed

1) Correct, the Itaewon bars will show any and every sport or event from Canada and everyone else has to luck out in order to see anything from their home country. There are bars that will show replays (!!!) of curling events and not show March Madness, Bowl games, NBA, NFL, and MLB postseason games. Most will show the World Cup but that's because it's a big deal in Korea.
2) Stop badmouthing Don Cherry.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinship wrote:
Go to America.

Grow up.

Quote:
I got tired of the Super Bowl after the first day of hype and will be glad when it is over.

There's this nifty thing on every televison set I've seen in my entire life. It's called "an on/off switch". There's another nifty thing, available on every television set outside of North Korea: a channel changer. Perhaps you could manage to learn to use one or the other and stop posting stupid comments.
lichtarbeiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
OP, one of the things they don't tell you in the brochures is that there are a billion Canadians teaching in Korea and most of the Itaewon bars are there for them, and care only about Canadian events.

To be fair, even the message boards on CBC.ca are full of Canadians complaining that their broadcast only showed crappy Canadian commercials instead of the premium Super Bowl ads.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overdrive2023x wrote:
I just watched them all on NFL.com.

Didnt have to pay or anything. You're watching advertisements! Why would you have to buy to watch them?

When did NFL.com go free? Last I checked, some time ago admittedly, they wanted money.
overdrive2023x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/47/commercials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: