Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone like to play football (soccer?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevoP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Anyone like to play football (soccer?) Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I help manage a football team in Seoul and we are looking for new players to join the team.

This is the league web site (below) and we are the Han River Spitfires.

http://www.leaguelineup.com/standings_soccer.asp?cmenuid=7&url=ssflkorea2012&sid=692926619

The Home games are played at samyook university which is very close to Hwandae station on line 6. I live in Mokdong and I find it no trouble. Games usually kick off at 3pm on a Sunday with some earlier kick offs during the winter season.

It's 10,000 won a game to cover the pitch fees, referees fee etc and the kit costs 40,000 I think.

We have three away games each season that are outside of Seoul but not more than an hour away. Most of the lads travel to each game by subway. There are 14 games in a season and we have two seasons in a calendar year. we break for the summer when it's too hot and in the winter when it's too cold.

There are some good teams in the league so competition is fairly healthy. Most of the players are british or american though so it can be a lot more phsyical then some players are used to. I'm british myself. The standard of refeering can vary but the guys do a good job which most people wouldn't want to do so we can't complain.

The first game of the season is the first weekend of March and we have a facebook group you can check out here.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/160846683949183/

You'd be welcome to come along to the first game and check it out.

Ste
barca2121

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this sounds great. I'll likely be in Seoul end of March/early April and I would like to play. I have a few questions though.

What surface do you play on (ie should I bring cleats)?
Full-sided?
Do people wear shin guards?
StevoP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, you would be very welcome to come and play.

the surface is mostly third generation astro turf so most of the team wear hard ground cleats. Some prefer astro turf shoes and some the new synthetic grass cleats you can get.

yes we play 11-a-side matches for the full 90 minutes. We do play rolling subs though.

yes shin guards are mandatory and the ref won't let you on the field with out them.

I'll send youa private message with my email address in so you can stay in touch and let me know if you have any more questions.

Ste
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: