Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apostille questions (CBC,TESOLcert,Diploma) for a F4 Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonardlee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Apostille questions (CBC,TESOLcert,Diploma) for a F4 Holder Reply with quote

Hello Dave's ESL Forum,

It has been quite a journey thus far, seems like I am close to getting the prepared materials to land something stable out in Korea.

The documents that I currently have are as follows:
- Original BFA Diploma
- F4 Visa
- Resume /w cover letter
- FBI CBC
In progress:
- 120 hour TESOL certification program.

I have a few questions regarding the apostille process, and what is needed.

1. Is it recommended that I apostille my diploma, FBI CBC, as well as my TESOL certificate?
2. Do I apostille my original documents or should I make copies of the original and apostille those?
3. It seems like my FBI CBC I received is a copy in itself? It has the authorized/authenticated FBI seal as I kindly requested, but the signature and seal of the official is not with a ballpoint or ink.
4. What is the difference between a notarization and apostille? Is notarization a process before you apostille a document? I looked up notarization which states that is is legalizing a document, and apostille is certifying foreign documents. I am more confused now?

Thank you guys for the patience! Trying my best to be thorough.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBI - original with apostille. extra notarization is not required.
Degree - certified true copy (made by the notary) and the apostille affixed to the copy not the original.
TESOL cert - apostille NOT required.

Bring your originals of your TESOL cert and degree.

Notarization legalizes the document for use in the US.
Apostille legalizes the document for international use.

heathermvn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostille questions (CBC,TESOLcert,Diploma) for a F4 Hol Reply with quote

I don't live in the U.S., I used these guys www.apostillepros.com

They got my degree and fbi background check apostille. My friends used them as well and recommended their services.

------I took my fingerprints at a local police station. Submit the prints and the FBI application form along with $18 form to apostille pros. They checked the prints because they are certified fingerprinters. Yeah you have to get certified. They then submit them to the FBI so it doesn't get rejected. If the prints get rejected you're waiting another 6-12 weeks.

-----After they got the FBI background check from the FBI, they apostille the original FBI background check.

-----They made a copy of my degree, notarized and apostille it.

-----Got everything back by fedex. Got back original FBI apostille, got back notarized copy of degree apostille and got back the original degree unmarked.

leonardlee wrote:
Hello Dave's ESL Forum,

It has been quite a journey thus far, seems like I am close to getting the prepared materials to land something stable out in Korea.

- Original BFA Diploma
- F4 Visa
- Resume /w cover letter
- FBI CBC
In progress:

1. Is it recommended that I apostille my diploma, FBI CBC, as well as my TESOL certificate?
2. Do I apostille my original documents or should I make copies of the original and apostille those?
3. It seems like my FBI CBC I received is a copy in itself? It has the authorized/authenticated FBI seal as I kindly requested, but the signature and seal of the official is not with a ballpoint or ink.
4. What is the difference between a notarization and apostille? Is notarization a process before you apostille a document? I looked up notarization which states that is is legalizing a document, and apostille is certifying foreign documents. I am more confused now?

lynnli

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostille questions (CBC,TESOLcert,Diploma) for a F4 Hol Reply with quote

Yeah it's a lot of work and paperwork!

leonardlee wrote:
Hello Dave's ESL Forum,

- Original BFA Diploma
- F4 Visa
- Resume /w cover letter
- FBI CBC
In progress:

myownwoman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering using http://www.apostillepros.com/ as well. However I read on gone2korea.com website that the Korean gov't does not accept 3rd party

"2.CRC's issued through third party providers are not acceptable with Korean Immigration. Meaning: you can NOT use a private company to obtain the background check; it MUST come directly from a police department or government office/bureau. Additionally, checks that were ordered online & come as �print outs� are NOT accepted by the Korean authorities."

Is the apostillepros.com a 3rd party provider? If it is I have to get it officially done myself with the FBI.

Will the Korean gov't still accept FBI CRC handled by the apostillepros? I really like their services and they seem to get things done quickly.

Thank you! :D
lynnli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd party you're talking about is a channeler service for FBI background check not apostillepros. Channeler service expedited the FBI background check in 1-4 days (submit it digitally and get the results back from the FBI), but when it comes back it's not on official FBI letterhead so it's not accepted by Korean Immigration. It's really stupid because it's the same background check the FBI issue ( from same database ) it's just not on the FBI official letterhead.

Channeler: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers

Apostille Pros just expedite the apostille process and check your prints before submitting them to the FBI. If somehow your prints are rejected, you wait another 8-12 weeks process. So they check it before they submit it to the FBI. It takes 8-12 weeks. Same if you do it, but you have to make sure your prints are good, not smear. It's mainly for people overseas. So the documents doesn't go back and forth. Once apostille pros get the FBI background check in the U.S., they have it apostille, expedite it. Degree and FBI.

That's my understanding of it when the guy at apostille pros explained it to me. I used them cause I am in a different country. It's just faster and easier for them to submit my prints/application to the fbi and wait 8-12 weeks or sooner then they apostille my degree and fbi and fedex them to me.

myownwoman wrote:
I'm considering using http://www.apostillepros.com/ as well. However I read on gone2korea.com website that the Korean gov't does not accept 3rd party

"2.CRC's issued through third party providers are not acceptable with Korean Immigration. Meaning: you can NOT use a private company to obtain the background check; it MUST come directly from a police department or government office/bureau. Additionally, checks that were ordered online & come as �print outs� are NOT accepted by the Korean authorities."

Is the apostillepros.com a 3rd party provider? If it is I have to get it officially done myself with the FBI.

Will the Korean gov't still accept FBI CRC handled by the apostillepros? I really like their services and they seem to get things done quickly.

Thank you! Very Happy
Latina714

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think its really stupid that Korean immigration won't accept an FBI approved Channeler and just to think that I was about to use this method. Thanks for the info everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: