Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen Reply with quote

Samsung didn't mind paying the Two-Time "Stoner" of the Year Award Winner to be in its 16 million dollar Galaxy(The Next Big Thing) commercial. What's also interesting is that Samsung doesn't mind whether people think it's from Japan or not. In the commercial Seth says "Asian Rapper" and "We aren't Asian." A perfect lost opportunity for Samsung to let everyone know its headquarters are in S. Korea. Oh well what's the difference right, Japanese company or Korean who cares!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1517681-super-bowl-commercials-2013-ads-that-stole-the-show-on-super-sunday

Every interview I've seen Seth Rogen take part he always proudly speaks of his weed smokin, no drug test required by Samsung for Seth.
"Seth Rogan Wins Stoner of the Year Award"
http://www.hollyscoop.com/seth-rogen/seth-rogan-wins-stoner-of-the-year-award.html
"I�m not sure if they give out a trophy with this award, but if they do, it should totally be made out of Cool Ranch Doritos.
Seth Rogen, proud pothead, has won �High Times� magazine�s Stoner of the Year Award for the second time. Congrats, Seth!
Seth joked that he had �won the one award� he�s always wanted to get. Who needs an Oscar when you�ve got this accolade?"
comm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen Reply with quote

Los Angeloser wrote:
Samsung didn't mind paying the Two-Time "Stoner" of the Year Award Winner to be in its 16 million dollar Galaxy(The Next Big Thing) commercial.

Should they mind?
I don't think their target audience (people watching the Superbowl who buy smart phones) will be outraged by it.
highstreet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the US. Nobody cares about smoking weed there.
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen Reply with quote

comm wrote:
Los Angeloser wrote:
Samsung didn't mind paying the Two-Time "Stoner" of the Year Award Winner to be in its 16 million dollar Galaxy(The Next Big Thing) commercial.

Should they mind?
I don't think their target audience (people watching the Superbowl who buy smart phones) will be outraged by it.

Last year about two-thirds of the audience was American with 111 million viewers out of 167 so just because the U.S. is the target ought not matter when we're talking about a conservative company(Samsung) and a bad drug that is against the law. Does Samsung have different missions/goals depending on the country? Just because drugs might be tested for regular workers should they be ignored for others?
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highstreet wrote:

If "nobody" cared it would be legal all over the U.S. Rolling Eyes
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highstreet wrote:

He's Canadian. Wink
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
highstreet wrote:

He's Canadian. Wink

Further evidence that the US needs serious immigration reform.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
highstreet wrote:

He's Canadian. Wink

I think it's safe to say that his contribution to the US economy is greater than yours will ever be.

http://www.the-numbers.com/person/123340401-Seth-Rogen
John Stamos jr.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Angeloser wrote:
highstreet wrote:

If "nobody" cared it would be legal all over the U.S. Rolling Eyes

That's a very ignorant statement. People do care, and all of this nonsense about categorizing marijuana, a naturally growing plant that exists on our earth, as a harmful "drug" is almost always propaganda; dished out by government officials who are bought out, pseudo-representative political hookers, pharmaceutical companies, and lobbying groups who gain power and money by keeping marijuana illegal. Take a look at the private prison system.

Quote:
...a bad drug that is against the law.

I don't care about Samsung in this particular circumstance. I simply want to say that your clearly biased point of view against marijuana makes your original post meaningless, if it wasn't obvious from the beginning. Against the law... right, did you make the laws? Do you abide by the laws simply because they're laws, and, regardless of the people who make them, determine them all to be justified and legitimate? Chronic has benefited many people, including myself, and it's a shame that there are uninformed lackeys like yourself parading around with bogus agendas. Again, how does a natural substance become illegal? Because it's "bad" and automatically becomes against the law? No, there is a motive. Dispensaries in California and elsewhere get hijacked and raided. The government just steals their money and product. Luckily, we're on a forward track. The US government is the biggest drug cartel in the world, and even though it remains the best country in the world by far, the drug war lie is going to have to change immensely.
everything-is-everything

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen Reply with quote

Los Angeloser wrote:
and a bad drug that is against the law.

Laughing

Anyways, I admire your troll attempts.
geldedgoat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
highstreet wrote:

He's Canadian. Wink

I think it's safe to say that his contribution to the US economy is greater than yours will ever be.

You think I'm more likely than him to con Americans out of millions with a laundry list of crappy movies? I don't know if I should be honored or offended.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geldedgoat wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
geldedgoat wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
highstreet wrote:

He's Canadian. Wink

You think I'm more likely than him to con Americans out of millions with a laundry list of crappy movies? I don't know if I should be honored or offended.

Try being humbled.
comm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen Reply with quote

Los Angeloser wrote:
comm wrote:
Should they mind?

Last year about two-thirds of the audience was American with 111 million viewers out of 167 so just because the U.S. is the target ought not matter when we're talking about a conservative company(Samsung) and a bad drug that is against the law.

So they're trying to sell their product to "bad evil law breaking stoners". Are you saying that marijuana users shouldn't buy smartphones?

If you're watching the Superbowl, and you're in the market for a smart phone, and you know who Seth Rogan is, there's a 99% chance you don't care (or even appreciate the fact) that he smokes weed. Samsung apparently did the math, and decided they'd get more support from pro-weed people watching the Superbowl than they would get flak from anti-weed people. You're just in the minority these days, Los Angeloser.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung Super Bowl Commercial with Stoner Seth Rogen Reply with quote

comm wrote:
Los Angeloser wrote:
comm wrote:
Should they mind?

Last year about two-thirds of the audience was American with 111 million viewers out of 167 so just because the U.S. is the target ought not matter when we're talking about a conservative company(Samsung) and a bad drug that is against the law.

So they're trying to sell their product to "bad evil law breaking stoners". Are you saying that marijuana users shouldn't buy smartphones?

If you're watching the Superbowl, and you're in the market for a smart phone, and you know who Seth Rogan is, there's a 99% chance you don't care (or even appreciate the fact) that he smokes weed. Samsung apparently did the math, and decided they'd get more support from pro-weed people watching the Superbowl than they would get flak from anti-weed people. You're just in the minority these days, Los Angeloser.

I wasn't aware there was anyone under the age of 40 who was anti-weed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: