Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCMP CRC from Korea (paper to digital fingerprinting service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchytml

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: RCMP CRC from Korea (paper to digital fingerprinting service Reply with quote

Has anyone ever used a service such as the one offered by fingerscan.ca?

I'm in Korea, need to get a CRC done quickly, and this seems to be the only way as they claim to be able to take your paper fingerprints, digitize them, and submit them to the RCMP. This should effectively cut down the waiting time for RCMP checks by months!

I spoke with the Canadian consulate here in Seoul on the phone today and the consular services employee told me that they knew of someone who had successfully used this service and gotten their RCMP check done very quickly.

I have been able to find one person say in these forums that he/she had used their service (while in Toronto) and that it worked well.

BUT, why aren't there more people talking about and or using this service if it's legit??
watergirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me the contact info of this service, please.

I thought the RCMP's website states they won't accept out of country fingerprints, but maybe they company is in Canada and submits them?!
frenchytml

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the website is:
http://www.fingerscan.ca/

World�wide Foren�sic Ser�vices Inc.
Canada Life Cen�tre
55 Town Cen�tre Court Street, Suite 642 (sixth floor)
Scar�bor�ough (Toronto), ON M1P 4X4 Canada
Phone: (416) 915‑7139
FAX: (416) 546‑7773

You're right, the RCMP explicitly states that it cannot accept electronic fingerprints from outside the country, however, this company is located in Canada. I have sent an email to the RCMP office to see if this is indeed a legitimate alternative to speed things up. I'm also going to call the company myself right now to see what they have to say.

I still find it hard to believe that hardly anyone here in Korea seems to have heard of and or used this service which makes me think it could be a hoax. However, there are a couple of threads where ppl say they have used it and the consulate here in Seoul did unofficially recommend it gave me their contact information.
frenchytml

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke with them on the phone, and I remain optimistically skeptical.

Here is their supposed accreditation: http://www.fingerscan.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/RCMP-1.pdf

again, hard to believe that no one has really heard of this service...
frenchytml

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After waiting a week for a response the RCMP has finally confirmed that the above company has been certified and is legit! No more waiting for 2-3 months for crcs now if u dont want to and or need expedited service!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: