Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could a non-native English speaker find a job in Korea?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northway

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copilash wrote:

Oh, and I'm not bitching at anyone here. Perhaps you find this kind of email OK, maybe you agree with him, but I have never said that I want to work illegally. If I wanted to do so I would already be there, doing illegal stuff..

You definitely implied you were willing to work illegally in your initial response to ttompatz informing you that you can't teach English legally.
alongway

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
Copilash wrote:

Oh, and I'm not bitching at anyone here. Perhaps you find this kind of email OK, maybe you agree with him, but I have never said that I want to work illegally. If I wanted to do so I would already be there, doing illegal stuff..

You definitely implied you were willing to work illegally in your initial response to ttompatz informing you that you can't teach English legally.

Except that he certainly can, either by:
1-Working at an English village, they get an E7 and doesn't seem to have nationality restrictions
2-obtaining an F2-7 visa through another visa
3-Marrying a Korean
4-Obtaining Korean Citizenship

but yeah, except for those 4 things he can't teach English legally..
Copilash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northway wrote:
Copilash wrote:

This is my response to ttompatz : "Ttompatz you're harsh, but I understand I could never teach English in Korea. Then again why, even today, I received an email from a recruiter saying to send all the documents? I mean, shouldn't I receive nothing but negative answers? Perhaps there are schools hiring not legally or they probably think Romania is perhaps in the States. How I wish it was... To tell you the truth, at first I thought that these conditions were given by the employers or recruiters, and I thought that since there are going to be empty places not filled by native speakers, they would hire non-native also. When I found out it's a Government policy...my entire just built world collapsed."
Please make sure you read it again. Maybe you'll understand it.

alongway, thanks! I guess the easiest way would be to marry a Korean, I already have a guy that proposed Laughing [joking] I don't have many options and yet I'm so stubborn... I'm trying now to get a scholarship, but I might not have the chance. On Friday I went and picked up my passport and masters diploma. Now I'm starring at them not knowing what to do. Sorry if I'm too cheesy.
I gotta get my things together.
alongway

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to get here quickly, try and find an English village. If the recruiter was asking for documents maybe that is what they had in mind. You can legally enter Korea and teach English on an E7 at an English village. From there, it is up to you, but if you have a mind to marry a Korean that will open up all kinds of employment opportunities. You can do anything at that point (outside of working manual labour and as an "entertainer")
katsu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of your religious standing, but there are missionary jobs with schools such as the SDA institutes that have hired non-natives to work in Korea as part of their missions. I don't really have much information on that as I am not SDA, but I have met some non Natives (from Philippines) who were hired to work as assistants to teachers, or assistant to deans in privately run schools.

Also, there are a lot of other jobs for non natives, including labor work, companies and even employed at hotels. see this youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Jzn7_LAQQ&playnext=1&list=PL03946671B51F7F91&feature=results_video

goodluck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: