Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADVICE PLEASE:I have BA Degree but not from a Uni or College
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: ADVICE PLEASE:I have BA Degree but not from a Uni or College Reply with quote

I have read all over the web that to get an E2 visa you need a 'Bachelor's degree (at minimum) in any discipline' and that it must be from an 'accredited university'.

My concern is that I have a BA Degree (3 years) but not from a college or university but instead a polytechnic.

I live and studied in New Zealand at Whitireia Polytechnic (now called Whitireia New Zealand). It has been around for 25 years and has a high student success rate.

Am i good to go or is the requirements strictly University/College?

Here are the website and wiki link if you want to have a look. Thank you for your time.
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitireia_New_Zealand
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE:I have BA Degree but not from a Uni or Col Reply with quote

KiwiRob wrote:
I have read all over the web that to get an E2 visa you need a 'Bachelor's degree (at minimum) in any discipline' and that it must be from an 'accredited university'.

My concern is that I have a BA Degree (3 years) but not from a college or university but instead a polytechnic.

I live and studied in New Zealand at Whitireia Polytechnic (now called Whitireia New Zealand). It has been around for 25 years and has a high student success rate.

Here are the website and wiki link if you want to have a look. Thank you for your time.

Bachelor of ______ ... from a properly accredited, degree granting post secondary institution and you should be good to go.

KiwiRob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input ttompatz. And to fill in your blank: Backelor of Applied Arts of Music
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiRob wrote:
Thanks for your input ttompatz. And to fill in your blank: Backelor of Applied Arts of Music

Didn't need to fill in the blank. It really doesn't matter as long as it says, Bachelor of SOMETHING.

newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiRob wrote:

I have a bachelor of applied science of muddy underwater basket weaving. I guess yours is better than mine. Wink
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newb wrote:
KiwiRob wrote:

I have a bachelor of applied science of muddy underwater basket weaving. I guess yours is better than mine. Wink

I guess so :p
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
KiwiRob wrote:

Didn't need to fill in the blank.

But i like to talk about myself..

Wink
YTMND

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean if KiwiRob can get a job on a 3 year degree, all of us 4 year degree holders wasted a year of college tuition and time? Confused

No 2.3+ jobs for you KR Laughing
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YTMND wrote:
Does this mean if KiwiRob can get a job on a 3 year degree, all of us 4 year degree holders wasted a year of college tuition and time? Confused

The answer is YES Very Happy
Charlie Bourque

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that we needed a 4-year degree to get an E-2 VISA. I thought it specifically said in the eligibility requirements that a 3-year degree was no longer acceptable.

Was I misinformed? Embarassed
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Bourque wrote:
I was under the impression that we needed a 4-year degree to get an E-2 VISA. I thought it specifically said in the eligibility requirements that a 3-year degree was no longer acceptable.

Was I misinformed? Embarassed

It's interesting as in my country there arent many 4 year degrees. If you have done four years you have a Masters (this is not in every case but often).

My brother completed his Business Degree at the most respectable UNI in nz and it was only 3 years. If he wanted a 4th there would have been nothing for him to do.. I doubt he would be turned down if he applied.. But I really don't know.

Won't the Korean Embassy in my city tell me if 3 years is fine?
Kiwigoddess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ADVICE PLEASE:I have BA Degree but not from a Uni or Col Reply with quote

KiwiRob wrote:

from what i have seen, jobs which require a 4 year degree will state you must have a 4 year degree, the rest are 3 year degrees (anyone can feel free to correct me on this as i am new here and just speaking from my observations of job vacancies i have read)

just out of interest, when are you planning on going over? im in northland and planning on heading over there soon too Smile
KiwiRob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kiwigoddess I will PM you kay Smile
Kiwigoddess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiRob wrote:
Hey kiwigoddess I will PM you kay Smile

i think i read somewhere i have to have posted 4 times before i can pm so after this post i need 2 more posts lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: