Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dermatologist for face (acne treatment) Seoul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mscoop1085

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Dermatologist for face (acne treatment) Seoul Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good dermatologists in the Gangnam area for acne treatment on ones face. English speaking or not, not a concern of mine. I need something done as they keep re-appearing and won't stay gone for too long. Thank you very much.
chungbukdo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to dermatologists for a long time and nothing they did or gave me resulted in the complete absence of new acne. The only thing that has cured me is the paleolithic diet, which I've been doing for about seven years now. When I go off it, my skin gets worse. If I stick to it strictly for thirty days the new skin is completely clear.
Laura_F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi have found Dr. Julius Jon at Teng Teng Skin Clinic to be great. He's not the cheapest doctor, but he speaks English perfectly, is professional, and is very good at his job. I didn't go to him for acne problems, but I do know that he can help with that. I've been going to him for about 4 years, and am very happy with the results.

Here's the website: http://www.tengteng.com/english/c_teng.html
Dazed and Confused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.dreamskin.co.kr
Dr. Park speaks perfect English.
HANGRY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura_F wrote:
Hi have found Dr. Julius Jon at Teng Teng Skin Clinic to be great. He's not the cheapest doctor, but he speaks English perfectly, is professional, and is very good at his job. I didn't go to him for acne problems, but I do know that he can help with that. I've been going to him for about 4 years, and am very happy with the results.

I go to Teng Teng too and I agree with everything she says. Expensive as hell, but gets the job done. If I could find a cheaper doctor though I would drop him in a heartbeat.
heathermvn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dermatologist for face (acne treatment) Seoul Reply with quote

My sister took this drug that is off the market now, it's called accutane or rocutane. something like that.

There is a generic form. It's suppose to make your pores smaller and kill all the bacteria. The derm will start you off on antibiotics, but it doesn't work. Accutane, you have to be on it for 6 months or something and you get a ton of blood work done. It's suppose to be the last resort, big guns type of drug. A lot of side effects. Watch youtube videos on it.

mscoop1085 wrote:
Does anyone know of any good dermatologists in the Gangnam area for acne treatment on ones face. English speaking or not, not a concern of mine. I need something done as they keep re-appearing and won't stay gone for too long. Thank you very much.
johnny_russian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask for this stuff called Zineryt. i don't know if it's available in Korea but it works like absolute magic for most people. it's a topical antibiotic liquid that you put on your skin.

i never used to have very bad skin, but it was just incredibly stubborn. my doc here in South Africa put me on about 5 different treatments (oral antibiotics, various creams, etc.) before giving up and giving me a course of Roaccutane. the Roaccutane cleared my skin up for a mere 6 months before it came back again.

after it came back i decided to change doctors and went to a dermatologist who prescribed me the Zineryt. within 1 month my skin was almost perfectly clear.

my girlfriend has also recently started using it and her skin is now almost perfectly clear as well.
chungbukdo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chungbukdo wrote:
I went to dermatologists for a long time and nothing they did or gave me resulted in the complete absence of new acne. The only thing that has cured me is the paleolithic diet, which I've been doing for about seven years now. When I go off it, my skin gets worse. If I stick to it strictly for thirty days the new skin is completely clear.

I want to note that I also took the harsh drug accutane when I was a teenager and dealt with the side effects. It improved my face a bit but the acne slowly came back over a year. There is really nothing comparable to the paleolithic diet for treating acne. If you read medical journals, search for the studies comparing traditional living ache hunter gatherers vs those on industrialized diets in the cities.
oni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Wooskin located near Sookmyung womens university station near Seoul station. I've been to TengTeng and Wooskin is cheaper!

http://www.wooskin.co.kr/N_ENG/eng_1.asp
ironclad80

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second this. He's not cheap by any means but he'll take you in immediately and gets the job done. I've been going there for a few years so he gives me some "discounts" occasionally for my loyalty so I'll recommend him in return Very Happy

HANGRY wrote:
Laura_F wrote:

I go to Teng Teng too and I agree with everything she says. Expensive as hell, but gets the job done. If I could find a cheaper doctor though I would drop him in a heartbeat.
sundizz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Does your national health service/insurance cover these visits? I'm here on a tourist visa but want to go in for something. No idea how much it would cost though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: