Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dmz booking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
le-paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: dmz booking Reply with quote

is it possible to, for example, arrive in seoul saturday, book at a travel agent saturday, go to the dmz sunday? do you need more notice than that usually? thanks
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: dmz booking Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
is it possible to, for example, arrive in seoul saturday, book at a travel agent saturday, go to the dmz sunday? do you need more notice than that usually? thanks

You probably won't be able to do that at the agency you want to use, the USO. The other tour companies you can look up on the internet and call them and find out. If I am right the USO is the only agency that can take you into Panmunjeon where the famous blue buildings on the demarcation line are. You can see the table where the line runs through and I believe the armistice was signed.
le-paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. so the other companies are not worth while? last time i was in seoul, i saw some flyers in the hotel lobby and was going to use one of those. i have no idea what the uso is. ill do a search now, thanks again
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USO provides entertainment services for the US Military. The USO in Seoul is located right in front of the entrance to Yongsan base. You should be able to find it on the internet. Also the Lonely Planet Travel Guide will have it in thier book on Korea. Thier is a desk in the USO where people sign up for the DMZ tour. You probably have to sign up in advance, probably a week or two weeks maybe. Maybe they are quicker, I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: