Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to Cebu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waynehead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Getting to Cebu Reply with quote

I've got a week or so coming up I can use for vacation, and I'd like to spend it on a beach. I'm not exactly pinching pennies but I don't want to go overboard, either.

I've done Thailand plenty of times, never been to the Philippines, and I was thinking Cebu would be nice to try. But I know virtually nothing about it, and it seems a little complicated getting there. I need to take a ferry from the island where the airport is, is that right? Is that easily accomplished? I'd imagine it is, but any quick tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Lazio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Mactan Cebu International Airport? There are 2 bridges, no need to take a boat.
Yellow taxis (airport taxis) are more expensive than the regular, white ones. If you go to the departure area of the airport you will be able to get a white taxi. Cebu city proper is about 300 peso depending on traffic. Just make sure the meter is on.

However, the beaches are on the same island as the airport. It�s sort of a little Korea with Korean restaurants, churches, bars and tons of tourists so you will find yourself surrounded with something that you are trying to get away from. Smile
You can take a ferry to Tagbilaran (Bohol) it is fast and costs 500 pesos one way. You will be better off there. You can thank me later.
simpleminds

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Bohol is nice; get away from Tag, though, but buy any food or supplies there; it has nice big supermarkets.

Alona Beach is lovely, especially at sunrise, but if you want to go snorkeling straight off the shore, no boats required, Moalboal is the place. It's a two hour drive from Cebu. Cost me $40 one way; cos you have to pay for the driver to get back to Cebu. It's a small village with a market, and an excellent backpackers hostel, which serves a scrumptious breakfast. Nearby is a freshwater waterfall and other beaches. The waterfall is far, so hire a bike or a driver; you will have to pay for his lunch, but don't do it at the waterfall. I spent a very pleasant week there, but bring a book. There's no telly. The owners will not allow hookers inside the hostel, if you're into that sort of thing. Again, buy your supplies in Cebu before going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: