Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shipping Prices From Korea To Texas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djloekee27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Shipping Prices From Korea To Texas Reply with quote

I'm trying to find out how much is the slow (2-3 month by boat) mailing method will cost to move my stuff back home. Like, how much won/dollars os it per kilo/pound?

Would it cost a lot to mail back my Korean books? I bought half of them in Texas and brought them with me to Korea, paying airline overweight fees

Would it cost a lot to mail a box of clothes and/or shoes home?

How much would it cost to mail an Access Virus KB synthesizer 61-key keyboard which I really want to keep back home? I can sell my turntables and studio monitors easily and replace them using Ebay but the keyboard is not that common (especially ones with no broken parts).
dairyairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you can send boxes by "Surface" to the USA?

As far as the cost goes, it depends on weight. Make sure you use the boxes they sell at the post office so you'll get a better rate. I once mailed the largest box ("5") full of clothes and it cost about 80,000. That was by "Air."
djloekee27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
Are you sure you can send boxes by "Surface" to the USA?

As far as the cost goes, it depends on weight. Make sure you use the boxes they sell at the post office so you'll get a better rate. I once mailed the largest box ("5") full of clothes and it cost about 80,000. That was by "Air."

Ok, thanks.

Do they have a box big enough for a 61 key keyboard? I bought it used at Nakwon so it didn't come with a box, but I remember seeing a guy taking pieces of cardboard and making boxes for people with large items at a Korean post office once.
HapKi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I just helped a friend mail a large amount to Canada. You can use boxes larger than the ones at the post office, but height can't be more than 2 meters, and circumference can't exceed 3 meters. Two boxes roughly 15 kilos each came to about 70,000w surface (1-3 months). We made the boxes ourselves, and cylinders are not allowed. She checked in a larged folder about Canadian regulations, so America may or may not be the same.
ewlandon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this board is for English teachers. One of you wants to ship prices, another person has experience shipping amounts. I want to ship some.
tardisrider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewlandon wrote:
this board is for English teachers.

I agree with you entirely.

Also, just for the record, you should capitalize the first word of your sentences.
djloekee27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewlandon wrote:

I am a Teacher. I never read anywhere in our teaching contracts that Teachers are forbidden from playing the piano, playing the keyboard, composing music and dj'ing in their own apartments with their own dj equipment during their free time. I'm re-reading my teaching contract now, please let me know where it says that teachers cannot have hobbies or must have no lives outside of teaching please.

P.S.
You should capitalize the first word of your sentences.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping Prices From Korea To Texas Reply with quote

djloekee27 wrote:
I'm trying to find out how much is the slow (2-3 month by boat) mailing method will cost to move my stuff back home. Like, how much won/dollars os it per kilo/pound?

Would it cost a lot to mail back my Korean books? I bought half of them in Texas and brought them with me to Korea, paying airline overweight fees

How much would it cost to mail an Access Virus KB synthesizer 61-key keyboard which I really want to keep back home? I can sell my turntables and studio monitors easily and replace them using Ebay but the keyboard is not that common (especially ones with no broken parts).

Did you actually look at the Korea post website?

http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1010100
http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1010601
http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1010605

And your keyboard may be too long.

Total linear length of <200cm - linear length defined as: circumference + length.

djloekee27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping Prices From Korea To Texas Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
djloekee27 wrote:

Total linear length of <200cm - linear length defined as: circumference + length.

Thanks. Yes, I looked at this website, and I got lost.
I was trying to find the link for the country/zone and didn't realize that the link was at the top of the website.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping Prices From Korea To Texas Reply with quote

djloekee27 wrote:
ttompatz wrote:
djloekee27 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, I looked at this website, and I got lost.
I was trying to find the link for the country/zone and didn't realize that the link was at the top of the website.

Specified zone 5 for most things and not available for surface mail.

ewlandon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tardisrider wrote:
ewlandon wrote:

Also, just for the record, you should capitalize the first word of your sentences.

THanks for the corrections I don't know how these things can get past me, myself being an English teacher and all.

Yo DJ man, I wasn't questioning your hobby. Also was your post with Teacher meant to correct me or.... I don't get it. BTW its teacher, not Teacher.
djloekee27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewlandon wrote:
tardisrider wrote:
ewlandon wrote:

THanks for the corrections I don't know how these things can get past me, myself being an English teacher and all.

Yo DJ man, I wasn't questioning your hobby. Also was your post with Teacher meant to correct me or.... I don't get it. BTW its teacher, not Teacher.

No, I just said it to be funny because the other guy has already typed it out. I basically just copied and pasted his post. I might have changed the capitalization just for emphasis, even though I knew it was wrong.

most of my posts any forum lack proper capitalization of the first word of sentences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: