Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on the F2-S visa Point System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semphoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peichy wrote:
semphoon wrote:
Got the card today. I thought the card would mention that the visa is F2-7, but it just says F2 (residency). Now, anyone know the process of getting the F5 if you have the F2?

Congrats on the F2 Visa

I was wondering if you did your integration program in Seoul
If so could you just tell me how long it took you and what were the hours/days like.

Thanks

Depends which level you go into. I entered at stage 4 which required that I finish stage 4 (100 hours - 3 x 3 hours a week for a semester) and then stage 5 (50 hours 2 x 4 hours a week). Levels 1- 4 have 100 hours, level 5 is only 50 hours. I studied at Sookmyoung womans university although there are multiple locations available.
pleaseplease

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: age Reply with quote

Is our age counted by the Korean system or international system?

I was born Sept, 1984.

I don't have an exact idea how it works, but I think by the Korean system, I will be 30 next year, but internationally, I am 28 until my next birthday.

It's a big 2 points difference, so I'd like to know.

Thanks.
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done by the international system. You're 28.
spaceman82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raewon wrote:
A few related questions:

1) Do F2 visa holders have any benefits at immigration when entering Korea? (Are there any "shorter" lines we can join?)

2) Does anyone know "for sure" what the residency requirement is to maintain the F2-7 visa?

3) I believe (but I'm not sure) the F2-7 visa came into existence in 2010, which would mean that the period of validity for some could be up next year. What happens then? What are the necessary hoops (.. I mean steps...) to extend/renew(?) the visa? Or is there a way to change from the F2-7 visa to the F5 visa?

Thanks to anyone who can respond to any of the above questions. If you
reply to 2 or 3, please let me know your sources.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about the answers to these three questions?
IlIlNine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman82 wrote:
raewon wrote:
A few related questions:

1) Do F2 visa holders have any benefits at immigration when entering Korea? (Are there any "shorter" lines we can join?)

2) Does anyone know "for sure" what the residency requirement is to maintain the F2-7 visa?

3) I believe (but I'm not sure) the F2-7 visa came into existence in 2010, which would mean that the period of validity for some could be up next year. What happens then? What are the necessary hoops (.. I mean steps...) to extend/renew(?) the visa? Or is there a way to change from the F2-7 visa to the F5 visa?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about the answers to these three questions?

1) No - apparently F5s can use the Korean line
2) This information should be available on the webpage.
3) My F2-7 visa is up in December. When I got my visa the officer told me that when my visa term is up, I should apply for the F5. (in other words, I don't think there's a 'renewal' - you can potentially re-apply for the F2-7, but given that points decrease with age, this may not be the wisest way to go).
spaceman82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IlIlNine wrote:
spaceman82 wrote:
raewon wrote:
A few related questions:

1) No - apparently F5s can use the Korean line
2) This information should be available on the webpage.
3) My F2-7 visa is up in December. When I got my visa the officer told me that when my visa term is up, I should apply for the F5. (in other words, I don't think there's a 'renewal' - you can potentially re-apply for the F2-7, but given that points decrease with age, this may not be the wisest way to go).

Thanks. I haven't been able to find anything on the website about how many months out of the year one has to work/reside in Korea in order to keep the visa, but I'll check again. In regard to the F5, have you looked into it enough to know if it's a matter of just submitting an application (without additional hoops) in about the same way as it is for those on the marriage visa?
Jimskins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You have to submit an appostillied (can never spell that word) criminal record check and from September they're introducing a formal Korean language test.
raewon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IlIlNine wrote:
Quote:
3) My F2-7 visa is up in December. When I got my visa the officer told me that when my visa term is up, I should apply for the F5.

I would also like to know (if you know) what that application involves.
Do you need to submit current TOPIK scores - and if so... for which
level? Do they need to see statements of earned income? It can't
be as simple as filling out an application and applying.

Jimskins wrote:
Quote:
No. You have to submit an appostillied (can never spell that word) criminal record check and from September they're introducing a formal Korean language test.

Is this in reponse to the question I've asked IlIlNine directly above?
A formal Korean language test? Other than TOPIK? Could you please
clarify your response.

Thank you!
spaceman82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if an interview with the Ministry of Justice is required for the points visa? I've been given the option to do it during class as part of the Social Integration Program, but am not sure if I need to.

I'm also wondering if anyone had anymore information about the questions a few posts up?
coralreefer_1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raewon wrote:
IlIlNine wrote:
Quote:
3) My F2-7 visa is up in December. When I got my visa the officer told me that when my visa term is up, I should apply for the F5.

I would also like to know (if you know) what that application involves.
Do you need to submit current TOPIK scores - and if so... for which
level? Do they need to see statements of earned income? It can't
be as simple as filling out an application and applying.

Jimskins wrote:
Quote:

Is this in reponse to the question I've asked IlIlNine directly above?
A formal Korean language test? Other than TOPIK? Could you please
clarify your response.

Thank you!

I cant answer the income related part, but I was told that indeed one needed to submit an official TOPIK score. They will not accept a certicifate of completion from a university program (even one shoring scores and levels), nor will they accept a KLPT score (if anyone happens to have one of those) The officer also mentioned to me that the result sheet from the TOPIK exam cannot be any older than 1 year.

I was also told that since the language points are alloted by test (as in, low, middle, and high level) as long as you pass the first level of the grouping, you will get the points for that grouping. For example, if you took the mid level TOPIK which is levels 3 and 4.. if your score reflects passage of level 3, but not level 4..you would still get the points for the mid-level test.
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one use their points from the KIIP Korean Social Integration Program even if they have not completed all levels?
For example when i complete level 3 of the KIIP program can i use those points immediately (sufficient for me to get the visa) or do i still have to continue all the way to complete level 5?
thatkidpercy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PigeonFart wrote:
Can one use their points from the KIIP Korean Social Integration Program even if they have not completed all levels?
For example when i complete level 3 of the KIIP program can i use those points immediately (sufficient for me to get the visa) or do i still have to continue all the way to complete level 5?

I don't think you can at the moment but I just posted the new guidelines taking effect from next month in this thread http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2871759#2871759

While you'll not get any of the 10 KIIP points unless you complete (and pass) level 5, you can get points in the language ability section, with each KIIP level receiving the same points as the equivalent TOPIK test. So, if you've passed level 3 in KIIP it's the same as having a level 3 TOPIK score - 14 points.

For people who've completed the KIIP course, you can now get 26 points (16 language + 10 for the course).
Daniel1981

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatkidpercy wrote:
PigeonFart wrote:

I don't think you can at the moment but I just posted the new guidelines taking effect from next month in this thread http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2871759#2871759

While you'll not get any of the 10 KIIP points unless you complete (and pass) level 5, you can get points in the language ability section, with each KIIP level receiving the same points as the equivalent TOPIK test. So, if you've passed level 3 in KIIP it's the same as having a level 3 TOPIK score - 14 points.

For people who've completed the KIIP course, you can now get 26 points (16 language + 10 for the course).

What I wonder about though is, there is only the test at the end of step 4 of KIIP. And the placement test.

So in my case, I placed into step 4.. Finished step 4. But am writing the step 4 completion test at the end of May.. So I wonder what points I am eligible for.

For others that placed into level 3 for example and are still doing level 3, I wonder how many points they would be eligible for.
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know we could apply straight after the D-2 so I revisited the points system and found that I would easily qualify. If the amount of points we can get with minimal proofs is over 80, is it better to simply not bother with trying to gain more points?

Here is my current breakdown:
Education: 35 (doctorate in science)
Korean language ability: 14 (level 3 TOPIK)
Study Korean language in Korea: 1
Study doctorate in Korea: 5
Total: 80
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like I can only get the 5 for doctorate in Korea and not the 1 for language classes, but it should be simple to go and fetch an extra point since I've gotten better at Korean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: