Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NK threatens "final destruction"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NohopeSeriously

Location: The Christian Right-Wing Educational Republic of Korea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
I smell a conspiracy.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/politics/AJ201302150067

LEFT IN THE DARK: Secret U.S. military flights carried officials, equipment to N. Korea

Senior U.S. administration officials held secret talks in North Korea on at least three occasions in 2011 and 2012, The Asahi Shimbun has learned.

Although the visits had potential implications for Japan, Washington did not inform its security partner at the time and only informally confirmed one of them when the Japanese side pressed, government and other sources in Japan, South Korea and the United States said.

The U.S. State Department even warned the Foreign Ministry against making further inquiries, saying they would harm bilateral relations, the sources said.

U.S. military planes flew from an air base in Guam to Pyongyang and back on April 7, 2012, and again on a longer visit lasting from Aug. 18-20, the sources said.

It is believed that those aboard included Sydney Seiler, director for Korea at the U.S. National Security Council, and Joseph DeTrani, who headed the North Korea desk at the U.S. Office of the Director of National Intelligence. DeTrani left the post in May.

They met with North Korean officials and discussed policies following the death of leader Kim Jong Il in December 2011.

The North Korean delegation included Jang Song Thaek, vice chairman of the National Defense Commission and husband of Kim Jong Il's sister. Jang is widely considered to serve as a mentor for Kim Jong Un, who succeeded his father as his nation's leader.

The Japanese government only learned about the flights after receiving reports from hobbyists monitoring activity at military bases and also analyzing air traffic flight plans.

When the Japanese side submitted an official inquiry, U.S. officials expressed frustration that the request had been made, citing the subject's confidential nature. The State Department warned Japan against inquiring further, saying Washington-Tokyo ties could be damaged.

The third visit that The Asahi Shimbun has confirmed is one that took place in November 2011. Sources said at least one military aircraft from the Guam air base loaded heavy equipment, including bulldozers, at Yokota Air Base in western Tokyo and flew to Pyongyang.

It is believed that the delegation included officials from the U.S. Pacific Command. They met with North Korean officials and discussed efforts to recover the remains of U.S. soldiers killed during the 1950-53 Korean War, the sources said.

When Japan inquired about this visit, U.S. officials unofficially confirmed that it had taken place, the sources said.

Canadian-born Japanese bestseller author, Benjamin Fulford, has said this similar fact for the past 5 years.

I guess I was correct after all. Very Happy

God bless Benjamin Fulford!
NohopeSeriously

Location: The Christian Right-Wing Educational Republic of Korea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logically speaking, North Korea's biggest ally is the United States of America.

People should learn great things from great Christian men.
12ax7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: NK threatens "final destruction" Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Quote:
As the saying goes, a new-born puppy knows no fear of a tiger.

Who actually says things like that?

Moreover, if I understand correctly, North Korea is supposed to be the new-born puppy and South Korea the tiger. Saying that from their perspective makes absolutely no sense since a tiger can eat a puppy in one bite.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they meant SK as the puppy.
comm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: NK threatens "final destruction" Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Moreover, if I understand correctly, North Korea is supposed to be the new-born puppy and South Korea the tiger. Saying that from their perspective makes absolutely no sense since a tiger can eat a puppy in one bite.

The idea is that a new born puppy is ignorant of the danger of the tiger, implying that SK is ignorant of the danger from NK.
ewlandon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it had something to do with the diets of those in the North (tiger) compared to those in the South(puppy).
rollo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wELL THE NEW GY bABY KIM HAS CERTAINLY STEPPED UP THE GRAPHICS, LAST WEEK A u.s. CITY IN RUINS THIS WEEK Obama in flames

The rhetoric was getting stale , this tiger puppy thing has some ummph!
falco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell a conspiracy.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/politics/AJ201302150067

LEFT IN THE DARK: Secret U.S. military flights carried officials, equipment to N. Korea

Senior U.S. administration officials held secret talks in North Korea on at least three occasions in 2011 and 2012, The Asahi Shimbun has learned.

I dont see the conspiracy here. The US and other allies have searched for remains of fallen soldiers from the 50-53 war before several times in North Korea. It says in the article that bulldozers were flown in to NK. This makes sense if the suspected remains are in inaccessible places. Also its likely the Norks wouldnt have much in the way of heavy equipment or at least heavy equipment that works properly.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewlandon wrote:
I thought it had something to do with the diets of those in the North (tiger) compared to those in the South(puppy).

But those in the South eat more meat!?!? lol
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewlandon wrote:

I think you're on to something!
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: NK threatens "final destruction" Reply with quote

comm wrote:
12ax7 wrote:

The idea is that a new born puppy is ignorant of the danger of the tiger, implying that SK is ignorant of the danger from NK.

Well, that's just plain stupid. The bulk of North Korea's arsenal dates from the 1950s and '60s...and they can't afford to maintain it nor can they feed their soldiers. The logistical challenges of fighting a war either escapes them or they are bluffing. I would say it's the latter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: