Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm bothered that joe public can look up my resume on Naver.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam Carolla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Carolla wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
A bunch of bs.

Chris, do you want your dirty laundry aired? Do you want people to know about your recruiting agency and about how you are a mod for Dave's ESL Cafe? Do you want people to know that your opinions, posted on this site, are specifically so that you can drive more business to your ESL-Korea business? Look, your bullshit "consultant" business is clearly just you being a recruiter. You're not qualified for anything else. You make a living preying upon young college graduates, and you hide behind your persona as a Dave's Mod to legitimize yourself. You're a horrible human being. But please, confirm this post by deleting it.

Oh, I hope the bad people don't delete this account. Oh my!!!!
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Carolla wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
A bunch of bs.

Chris, do you want your dirty laundry aired? Do you want people to know about your recruiting agency and about how you are a mod for Dave's ESL Cafe? Do you want people to know that your opinions, posted on this site, are specifically so that you can drive more business to your ESL-Korea business? Look, your bullshit "consultant" business is clearly just you being a recruiter. You're not qualified for anything else. You make a living preying upon young college graduates, and you hide behind your persona as a Dave's Mod to legitimize yourself. You're a horrible human being. But please, confirm this post by deleting it.

Sure go ahead.

EVERYONE knows I was a mod. That is common knowledge here.

My user name back then was Homer and then TheDude (Mod account). So now thats "aired"....again lol.

As for recruiting...I am not involved in this nor was I ever.

I DID work on hiring committees at the University I worked for in Busan. I do work on hiring committees at my current job for the publi sector in Canada and I did and do hire (and fire) people as a part of my duties managing my consulting agency (it is a small but efficient agency, I have no desire to expand it).

In Canada, I work for the public sector in a dept that deals with Asia.

I also started a consulting agency while living in Korea that had NOTHING at all to do with ESL. I still manage this agency and again it has nothing to do with ESL. It deals with training and professional development for employees of Korean companies and North American companies. The training offered is in the area of inter-cultural training (ie preparing people before being posted abroad or before working with a foreign company). Most of our clients are Korean companies sending people to Canada and the US...so yeah you are out to lunch.

Now you made some pretty serious accusations, so...back em up with facts. I eagerly await your proof.

You also insulted me but since you clearly have very serious issues, one of which appears to be a serious anger/resentment problem, I will let it slide.

As for your post, I cannot delete it as I am not involved with this site beyond posting here. In fact I DO NOT WANT THIS POST DELETED because it shows how much of a bloody idiot you are with your empty accusations.

Now get back on your meds as it is clear you have issues. Christ you quoted your own post and responded to it!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by PatrickGHBusan on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
slothrop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slothrop wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
I also started a consulting agency while living in Korea that had NOTHING at all to do with ESL. I still manage this agency and again it has nothing to do with ESL. It deals with training and professional development for employees of Korean companies and North American companies. The training offered is in the area of inter-cultural training (ie preparing people before being posted abroad or before working with a foreign company). Most of our clients are Korean companies sending people to Canada and the US...so yeah you are out to lunch.

so you "consult" korean businessmen by informing them that the north american business culture does not embrace
1 drinking till you black out
2 bribery
3 using the company credit card to pay for prostitutes.

nice work if you can get it.LOL

back to topic: i've read that all any conman needs to make credit cards in your name is your social security#. a few years ago i noticed that my social security# was also my studentID# and plastered all over my transcripts. i don't know how many of them i've distributed over the years. WTF!?

Sure sloth that is exactly what I do! I mean it is THAT easy and THAT simple and it generates BUCKETS OF CASH for NO HOURS. Laughing Laughing
Scorpion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busan dude, why do you still post on these forums. Didn't you leave Korea like five years ago. Isn't there a Canadian forum that you should be posting on. A Vancouver forum. A 'Koreans in Canada' forum. This forum is for ESL teachers teaching and living in Korea. Maybe the managers of this site might want to start a new forum just for ex-teachers who went back home, but who, for some reason, still feel the need to post about Korean affairs that no longer affect them in any way, shape or form.

Move on dude.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean affairs as you say affect my friends and I like to stay informed.

I also try to help newbies (mostly via pm these days) because I figured help and information would have been nice when I first arrived.

Still, I did not know I needed your permission or approval to post on this site scorpion. In fact I had no idea you owned this forum and regulated who can post here.

Last edited by PatrickGHBusan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Busan dude, why do you still post on these forums. Didn't you leave Korea like five years ago. Isn't there a Canadian forum that you should be posting on. A Vancouver forum. A 'Koreans in Canada' forum. This forum is for ESL teachers teaching and living in Korea. Maybe the managers of this site might want to start a new forum just for ex-teachers who went back home, but who, for some reason, still feel the need to post about Korean affairs that no longer affect them in any way, shape or form.

Move on dude.

I'd guess that half of the Current Events posters no longer live in Korea.

I'm curious though - are you sure this forum is for what you say it is? How about those interested in coming, but not yet here/decided? What about those who live here, but work jobs other than teaching?

You seem to have very narrow parameters on who is allowed here.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the rule is that whoever should be allowed on here is whoever supports one's own point of view.
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nautilus wrote:
Its a Korean phenomenon.

There is a general lack of personal privacy here, its a communal society. Everything is open to the collective.

Other countries don't post up peoples private details on the www.

Here we go again....it's not a korean phenomenon....it's not any one particular culture...
look at the site LinkedIn, Facebook, and on an on.....there is no lack of general privacy...once it's on the WEB....it's fair game....and if it's not on the WEB...someone will put it on!
You state that other countries don't post up peoples private details on the www. Well....it's not countries per se...it's individual people doing it.
Show me one country where one's private life is not on the web.
You have nosy people in every country! we have nosy family members and neighbors.
Nosy cops and immigration folks!
Enrico Palazzo
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:

Move on dude.

There's no rule that people who currently reside overseas cannot post on these forums. They must merely follow the TOS whether they're posting on the Current Events page, General Forum etc....For many years, many users who have lived overseas posted on the various forums. Even I posted on the forums when I was back home working on my M.A. You're entitled to your opinion, however, as to whether he should post here or not, but people have done this for many years whether they're from America, Canada. People don't forfeit their accounts or right to post simply because they moved. Anyway, can you all keep this somewhat amicable and not engage in hostile back-and-forth and don't post any personal info. or go down that road. It's serious.

The Dude is not a moderator. He was in the past. Thus, the poster in question is not hiding behind his Mod persona. WE DO NOT allow moderators to break the rules of our internal TOS. We dealt severely with such ex-moderators. The Dude didn't fall into that category, but hasn't been a moderator in years and can't exercise that privilege and hasn't been in about 5-6 years.

Just keep things clean people when you discuss whatever you want to discuss. We understand people disagree. Just keep it respectful whether you think someone is an apologist or someone is too hostile vis-a-vis Korean culture and has a cultural ax to grind. We can understand both sides, in a way, and people wanting to blow off a little steam, but keep it clean.

Thank you...
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:

I also started a consulting agency while living in Korea that had NOTHING at all to do with ESL. I still manage this agency and again it has nothing to do with ESL.

The thing that astonishes me about Dave's is how some posters are so critical of success. PatrickGHBusan has used his experiences in Korea to successfully start a business and all I've ever seen from this board is derision. When I meet someone who is successful in whatever they do, I naturally want to learn from them. In the bizzaro world of Dave's, it's like they committed some sort of cardinal sin and all you see are insults and accusations of bragging. This attitude certainly contributes to the unfortunate stereotype of ESL teachers being a bunch of "losers."
World Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoka, if you (and/or PGHB) would be willing and able to insightfully articulate how you became successful (with specifics), then yes, we would all be willing to listen.

You said you went to a top ranked ivy league school. Guess what? We don't have time machines.

How can we achieve your level of wealth (upper 1% of the world's richest country)?

I guess it's just when people act condescending (without saying anything insightful) that people get put off.

PGHB comes across as a really rude and unlikable person, as do you.

How's this for a deal: I won't say anything insulting to you if you can do the same.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:

PGHB comes across as a really rude and unlikable person, as do you.

How's this for a deal: I won't say anything insulting to you if you can do the same.

hahaha

you don't see this as sort of funny?

You insult him, and then call peace.
slothrop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
World Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best posts Madoka ever made was, (not the exact words) "If you guys had an ounce of common sense, you'd be be trying to find out how a person became successful and ask him how he did it rather than being jealous haters."

I liked what he wrote then.

Unfortunately, Madoka has not told us what we can do to get money. It's not like he's giving us sage advice...just mostly "news of the odd" links...well, that and insults (very low blows too like calling people unintelligent, mentally ill, and liars- he does that to a lot of people.)

And CC, I was about to delete the above post (I did think it was kind of in poor taste) but since you quoted it, it's too late.

Oh well, I guess it's better to leave what I orginally wrote. It is a good point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: