Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm bothered that joe public can look up my resume on Naver.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustinC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

"God's not on our side, 'cuz he hates idiots."
byrddogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
World Traveler wrote:

PGHB comes across as a really rude and unlikable person, as do you.

How's this for a deal: I won't say anything insulting to you if you can do the same.

hahaha

you don't see this as sort of funny?

You insult him, and then call peace.

Yeah, I thought the same thing upon reading that, but in all fairness he was just following an insult directed at a large group with one directed at that individual. Maybe they are even now?
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
How's this for a deal: I won't say anything insulting to you if you can do the same.

Wow, that is amazingly hypocritical of you. A search will show the last time I responded to one of your posts was over a year ago. And this is what I wrote on Jan 01, 2012 10:43 am:

madoka wrote:
World Traveler wrote:
I resolved to leave these forums for 2012.

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:11 am

That was an amazingly short New Year's resolution. Laughing

You on the other hand wrote about me eight times in the past month, most of them outright insults. Now you're trying to claim some sort of moral high ground about trading insults? Rolling Eyes
madoka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Traveler wrote:
Madoka, if you (and/or PGHB) would be willing and able to insightfully articulate how you became successful (with specifics), then yes, we would all be willing to listen.

I don't know about PatrickGHBusan's experience, but I know what happened to me. Once I revealed how much I made, all I got were a wave of accusations that I'm a liar who was trolling these forums. After I got sick of all the insults and posted evidence, some who accused me of being a liar claimed I photoshopped my evidence and another wave of people claimed that I was bragging and questioned why I would ever post here.

Still, whenever anyone asked me how I did it, I responded. In fact, I have gone to the trouble of not only detailing it out step-by-step through PMs, but I would call posters on my dime from the US to Korea to answer their questions. In the five years I've been on Dave's, I've had a handful (less than five) ask me. What's that tell you about the average person on Dave's? What I've learned in that time is that Dave's is not a site for professional development as I once naively believed, but a dumping ground for the bored, so I treat it as such.
World Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. I honestly try to learn from others and post information that is relevant to my life and other people's lives' here. Just because some people are posting stupid stuff doesn't mean you should treat the site as a "dumping ground for the bored". Don't stoop to their level. It only makes the forums worse.

Maybe some people are "haters" and "crabs in the bucket". If I post something about falling unemployment rates in the U.S., (some) people on here (sometimes) become absolutely furious. You'd think they'd be happy about such news and welcome it.

But...not everyone is the same. It's not really fair to think about this board as a whole based on what happened here five years ago (or more recently...or even what is happening now).
slothrop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all WT, why would I go and provide details of my personal and professional life on here? I provide what is necessary to make a point, when it is needed.

I already provided some of the details of what I did Korea and what I do now when I feel it will provide context or perhaps help someone out.

As for how I "come off" that is highly subjective. Some people will react one way, others will react another way and frankly one cannot and should not try to please everyone.

Now if you have actual questions feel free to ask them and if I feel I can answer them, I will.
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Patrick's posts and don't find them rude. And I respect that he puts it right in the sidebar the dates he was in Korea; that's very up-front.

But on a personal level I find it strange that he still posts here. When I think/dream of living in Canada again, I don't picture myself logging in to this site.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your view on this. I still post here because I like to help newbies and because I appreciate some of the posters on here.
Smithington

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Adam Carolla wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
A bunch of bs.

Chris, do you want your dirty laundry aired? Do you want people to know about your recruiting agency and about how you are a mod for Dave's ESL Cafe? Do you want people to know that your opinions, posted on this site, are specifically so that you can drive more business to your ESL-Korea business? Look, your bullshit "consultant" business is clearly just you being a recruiter. You're not qualified for anything else. You make a living preying upon young college graduates, and you hide behind your persona as a Dave's Mod to legitimize yourself. You're a horrible human being. But please, confirm this post by deleting it.

Sure go ahead.

EVERYONE knows I was a mod. That is common knowledge here.

My user name back then was Homer and then TheDude (Mod account). So now thats "aired"....again lol.

You were Homer.Shocked

...How come when I do I name search for 'Homer' on this site it comes up nothing? Deleted all your old posts did you?
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithington wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Adam Carolla wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
A bunch of bs.

Chris, do you want your dirty laundry aired? Do you want people to know about your recruiting agency and about how you are a mod for Dave's ESL Cafe? Do you want people to know that your opinions, posted on this site, are specifically so that you can drive more business to your ESL-Korea business? Look, your bullshit "consultant" business is clearly just you being a recruiter. You're not qualified for anything else. You make a living preying upon young college graduates, and you hide behind your persona as a Dave's Mod to legitimize yourself. You're a horrible human being. But please, confirm this post by deleting it.

Sure go ahead.

My user name back then was Homer and then TheDude (Mod account). So now thats "aired"....again lol.

You were Homer.Shocked

...How come when I do I name search for 'Homer' on this site it comes up nothing? Deleted all your old posts did you?

His old posts as "Homer" are still on this board (you can check the FAQ's). The reason you get nothing from a search is because the account has been deactivated.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=20817&start=11
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Still, whenever anyone asked me how I did it, I responded. In fact, I have gone to the trouble of not only detailing it out step-by-step through PMs, but I would call posters on my dime from the US to Korea to answer their questions. In the five years I've been on Dave's, I've had a handful (less than five) ask me. What's that tell you about the average person on Dave's? What I've learned in that time is that Dave's is not a site for professional development as I once naively believed, but a dumping ground for the bored, so I treat it as such

Yes it could be that people on here are not interested in professional development. Or it could be that they're not interested in what you do. Or that they have their own different ideas of what constitutes success. Or it could be that they don't really want to get careers advice from an anonymous internet avatar that often comes across as a bit of a dick. But Hey, carry on thinking it's because they're all losers and morons if it makes you feel happier Laughing
byrddogs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:
Still, whenever anyone asked me how I did it, I responded. In fact, I have gone to the trouble of not only detailing it out step-by-step through PMs, but I would call posters on my dime from the US to Korea to answer their questions. In the five years I've been on Dave's, I've had a handful (less than five) ask me. What's that tell you about the average person on Dave's? What I've learned in that time is that Dave's is not a site for professional development as I once naively believed, but a dumping ground for the bored, so I treat it as such

Yes it could be that people on here are not interested in professional development. Or it could be that they're not interested in what you do. Or that they have their own different ideas of what constitutes success. Or it could be that they don't really want to get careers advice from an anonymous internet avatar that often comes across as a bit of a dick. But Hey, carry on thinking it's because they're all losers and morons if it makes you feel happier Laughing

^ Nice one. Laughing
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithington wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Adam Carolla wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
A bunch of bs.

Sure go ahead.

You were Homer.Shocked

Answered by Urban.

Next time why not actually CHECK before posting...
Smithington

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Smithington wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
Adam Carolla wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
A bunch of bs.

Sure go ahead.

You were Homer.Shocked

Answered by Urban.

Next time why not actually CHECK before posting...

I did check sweetie. Nothing came up in the search. I do remember however 'Homer' being a piece of work. Can I ask you a question? Now that we know that you were 'Homer', can you tell us if you are a Gyopo? Again, more power to you if you are. We are all something. But it would help us make sense of your ultra-apologist position on Korean matters.

Gyopo, yes or no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: