Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Reich takes time to address Dave's poster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuros

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Robert Reich takes time to address Dave's poster Reply with quote

Robert Reich explains why you won't get rich

or

Robert Reich takes time to address Steelrails*

Robert Reich wrote:
The idea that most Americans have been living beyond their means is pure fantasy perpetrated by a small minority at the top whose means have gone through the stratosphere.

The truth is that most Americans have not been living beyond their means. The problem is their means have not been keeping up with the growth of the economy.

The tiny economist has a point.

* All in good fun
Rteacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every thread needs some links to a video ... http://neweconomicsinstitute.org/content/wealth-inequality-america
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reich is one of the good guys.
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:

Yeah, not really. He talks a good game. He was literally in love with Alan Greenspan and stood silent while Rubin and Summers convinced Clinton to deregulate the financial services industry.

But he writes warm articles in HuffPo so the proles don't know any better.
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:

Yeah, not really. He talks a good game. He was literally in love with Alan Greenspan and stood silent while Rubin and Summers convinced Clinton to deregulate the financial services industry.

Then why did he leave the Clinton adminstration so quickly?

Don't forget Greenspan was/is a very smart guy who did a great job until he became overly concerned with his legacy and was seduced by the success of the markets.
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:

Don't forget Greenspan was/is a very smart guy who did a great job until he became overly concerned with his legacy and was seduced by the success of the markets.

Good god. You think Greenspan did a great job? I don't know where to start. His idea was the "great moderation". Decrease interest rates to diminish recession. This just built the recessions up into a depression. You don't know what you're talking about.

I do not talk about physics. I don't know anything about physics. Why do civilians think they can pontificate on economics? Stop it. Please.
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:
Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:

Good god. You think Greenspan did a great job? I don't know where to start. His idea was the "great moderation". Decrease interest rates to diminish recession. This just built the recessions up into a depression. You don't know what you're talking about.

I do not talk about physics. I don't know anything about physics. Why do civilians think they can pontificate on economics? Stop it. Please.

I see you're a legend in your own mind. Yet you didn't seem to take notice of the unit. in my statement.

One doesn't have to be an asshat self-professed master of economics like yourself to see what Greenspan accomplished until he went off the deep end.
Titus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
...to see what Greenspan accomplished until he went off the deep end.

Be specific.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Robert Reich takes time to address Dave's poster Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Robert Reich explains why you won't get rich

or

Robert Reich takes time to address Steelrails*

Robert Reich wrote:
The idea that most Americans have been living beyond their means is pure fantasy perpetrated by a small minority at the top whose means have gone through the stratosphere.

The truth is that most Americans have not been living beyond their means. The problem is their means have not been keeping up with the growth of the economy.

The tiny economist has a point.

* All in good fun

In the 21st century, insult (even in jest) is one of the highest forms of flattery. Thank you good sir!
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:
Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:

I see you're a legend in your own mind.

Mises/Titus has put in his time on these forums. The Depression Thread is really his.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:

One term=leaving quickly? That would define most cabinet members for any presidential administration. The only original cabinet members from the Obama Administration that haven't left yet are Holder (who is only there because Obama asked him to delay his departure a year), Duncan, and Shinseki.

Anyway, I agree that Reich is a "good guy". The deregulation that occured during the Clinton Administration was after he left office. I don't know how much sway he would have had anyway as the Labor Secretary.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
atwood wrote:
...to see what Greenspan accomplished until he went off the deep end.

Be specific.

Be specific!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: