Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean Language Print Newspaper in Canada?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canucksaram

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Korean Language Print Newspaper in Canada? Reply with quote

My Google searches have been fruitless.

Is there a print newspaper in Canada that is in Korean? I know there is a digital newspaper in Korean, but it's not quite the same.

Any board members got the scoop on this?
giraffe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you live in Toronto. Just go to any Korean town spots ( christy station or up north ) to any Korean stores or restaurant and you'll see a bunch of Korean newspaper prints. Usually at the entrance. Both from Korea ( these cost money) and some smaller ones from Canada ... The Canadian ones will probably have a Christian slant to them since its probably being released by church people .... No clues about the names of these papers... I've just seen them beforehand taken some home ..
jvalmer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and possibly Winnipeg will have Korean-language papers. Probably at least 2 or 3. And as someone mentioned, at least one will be backed by some Christian/Catholic church. Pretty often they are free, just walk into a Korean market and pick up a few. Often they also have a Chinese language paper in the same area too.

As for being online, I doubt it. And if so, they probably aren't updated often or are very basic. These papers are generally pretty small operations, half the paper is often ads just so they can offer the paper free.

Toronto and Vancouver might have daily papers, but in the smaller cities it's a weekly release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: