Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting background check done while abroad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarrettdanielp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Getting background check done while abroad Reply with quote

Hi,

I am sorry if this post is redundant but I cannot find any post with similar information. I am getting my TEFL certification in Prague, the Czech Republic and I graduate on Friday. I am working with a Korean recruiter (Korean Horizons) to get a position either in summer or on September 1st. I don't want to go back to the States to get my fingerprints and background check done and neither the police nor the Embassy are willing to do my fingerprints here in the Czech Republic. I want to do the whole process of completing my background check and gathering my documents while abroad. I understand that I cannot go to Korea and undertake this process. So, if anyone has been through this situation, could you please give me some advice as to what to do?

I have family at home that are ordering my essential documents, like transcripts, diplomas, etc.

Thanks.
i_teach_esl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can download the fingerprint card and print yourself, and mail it off. Ask them to mail it to your adrs in the states.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258
jeank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i_teach_esl wrote:
you can download the fingerprint card and print yourself, and mail it off. Ask them to mail it to your adrs in the states.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

but even so - won't you have to go to a local police station and get the fingerprints done?

I'm having a similar problem and losing my head over this - I am in Italy and have to get all my papers ready - the local crabinieri refuses to fingerprint me.

I have an appointment for the US Embassy in Naples (a looong train ride away) but I don't think they do fingerprinting -

I can't even get my diplomas notarised here unless I go to Naples. UGH!
jeank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: getting fingerprinted outside of the US Reply with quote

Again, I am in the same boat as the person in the Czech Republic. A recruiter told me I could send everything off to my parents in the US.

Does anyone else have experience with getting fingerprinted outside the US? The US Embassy in Rome will only do them for the purposes of adoption and other legal reasons....Help!

ETA:
I hate to keep posting here, but the US Embassy will not notarize a diploma or transcript and people here keep telling me that a notaio, or notary official will not notarize a diploma - wtf?

LATER THAT SAME DAY:

OKAY so i looks like I'm talking to myself now, but I found out that I can get the fingerprints done at the local Commisariato. I found a Notary, but of course, they weren't in so I have to try again in the morning.
Hope all goes well tomorrow. I have to get these docs in!
i_teach_esl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they'll never know it wasnt an official person that fingerprinted you. the fingerprint card is all YOUR info, with only one space for "signature of official who fingerprinted you," so make something up. Just be sure you fingerprint yourself properly, google it first: you ahve to roll your fingers to get the whole print.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: