Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching fields outside of english

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Dog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Teaching fields outside of english Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, I realize this is an ESL forum, but I was wondering if many people out there teach things other than English? I got a job working at a university to give helicopter flight instruction and all the searching I do about working at Korean Universities seems to lead me to forums/bloggers/people that are teaching English. Are there other people who teach in other fields out there?
Either way this forum seems like an awesome place to learn a lot of stuff. Smile

Cheers Wink
Lauren
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lauren,

I sometimes teach counseling and psychotherapy at the Korea Professional Psychotherapy Institute in Gangnam. In addition, I alsoprivately teach the acoustic guitar and the ukulele.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
12ax7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not teaching per say, but as an amateur historian I'm often asked to give tours to visiting VIPs.
World Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Lauren. Try out for this:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/1557363/psy-seeks-personal-chef-in-new-contest
PRagic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a TON of foreign professors at Korean universities teaching across the universe of diciplines. I think SNU has something like 100 foreign tenure track or tenured profs (all with doctorates), and those are not in any way connected with ESL. There was a newspaper story on them a while back. Yonsei, Ewha, Sogang, Konkuk, and Korea University also have several. SKK and Sejong University offer dual degree programs with U.S. universities, so faculty are both Korean and foriegn. Then there are instructors, such as Harpeau, who sometimes teach content with just the MA. In short, there are opportunities to teach here if you are qualified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: