Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crc for Uk citizen who is already in Busan, help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravestar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Crc for Uk citizen who is already in Busan, help Reply with quote

Hello

I arrived in Busan last week without a visa, just tourist

Can anyone advise me on the quickest way to get my crc check done online for the visa? I can get my parents to help me back home

What are my options?

Any help much appreciated
sligo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the CRC needs proof of address, i would not tell the CRC people that you are here. I had to get one done, and trying to get a utilities bill in Korea with your address written kn English is a headache. You may be able to apply online, but if it needs a signature, they will have to send the docs here, then you post them back to UKland. You have to be exact on the dates, if there is even 1 day not accounted for, they will delay the process.

Then you will have to get an apostile. You can do all the steps yourself, but it is just as easy to pay a company to do it all for you. The process will take from 3 - 6 weeks (max) depending on whether you fill out the form online, or if you have to have it posted to you.
esteve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Bravestar
I recently got my crc from the Uk
it took 4 weeks from start to finish
http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/
1)call dislcosure scotland and get them to send application form to your parents who can send it to you-A basic disclosure
2)you will need proof of address,if you use a Korean one you could open a standard chartered bank account in Korea and they will give you a certificate with your name and address in English
or you could use a Uk address, but you will need proof
3) Make sure you attach a letter requesting a stamp of authenticity which will enable you to get an apostille in Korea
4) it costs 25 pounds which you will need to send your bank details for
5) the final hurdle is getting an apostille which you could get from Uk embassy in seoul or in Busan at the consulate (not sure if they still do it in Busan but you could check)
If you have any questions PM me
busanliving

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) apply online through disclosure Scotland, say you are living in the uk and you don't work with children. They won't check either of these points and this will allow you to apply for the disclosure online.
2) E-mail a copy of proof of uk address and passport. Say in the e-mail you need it notarizing.
3) get your parents to check it has been notarized when they receive it, 9/10 it isn't. If it isn't get them to post it back with a note saying it needs to be notarized.
4) while this is going on fill out the forms for the apps tulle and post them through eMS to your parents, paying international delivery to Korea.
Get your parents to send the Crc and forms you posted to Milton Keynes.

If you are lucky it can be done in 2 weeks, 3 max. I've done the process several times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: