Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DMZ Tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dugstool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: DMZ Tour Reply with quote

I have already been on one tour to the DMZ but I want to go back with some friends who have not been. The tour I took was ok, but I have a feeling there are some better ones out there. I am wondering if anybody has found a really good tour. Could you give me some information as to where in the DMZ you were allowed to go and some contact information as well? Thanks very much!
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without question the best and cheapest DMZ tour is through the USO. You don't have to be military to go on USO tours and many English teachers have gone on them. I have done the DMZ tour twice through them and can say its first rate (they also have a great selection of US magazines for a lot less than Kyobo has them for, also their canteen is great for a cheap breakfast and lunch) only downside now is they make you eat lunch in their cafeteria at Camp Bonifas for 8500 won which is extra

They run tours around twice a week and that usually includes every other Sat. Cost in Oct was 37,000 won. Tour starts early you have to be there at 7:30 dressed appropiately (no jeans, t-shirts) and have your passport.

USO is located about a 3 minute walk from Namyeong station on line 1, 1 stop south of Seoul Station phone 795-3028

hth
Dugstool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Thanks a bunch! I will check it out. Just curious, what all did you see with a tour through the USO?
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take the Panmunjom tour (see the bridge between north and south, the building where talks are held, take a few steps into North Korea, etc.) or you can take a tour that consists of Panmunjom plus an NK infiltration tunnel and the Dora observatory.

http://www.uso.org/Korea/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: