Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Middle school girls forced to act as lesbians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madoka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Middle school girls forced to act as lesbians Reply with quote

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/middle-school-anti-bullying-lesson-includes-lesbian-role-play.html

Young girls at a New York middle school were instructed to ask one another for a lesbian kiss and boys were given guidance on how to tell if women are sluts during an anti-bullying presentation on gender identity and sexual orientation, angry parents allege.

The special health class was held last week at Linden Avenue Middle School in Red Hook, NY. The students were separated by gender � with students from Bard College leading the workshops.

Parents are especially furious after their young daughters were told that it was perfectly normal for 14-year-old girls to have sex and there was nothing their parents could do to intervene.

The boys and girls were also given a sexual vocabulary primer � that included words like �pansexual� and �genderqueer.�

�I am furious,� said Mandy Coon, whose daughter was in the class. �I am her parent. Where does anyone get the right to tell her that it�s okay for her to have sex?�

Coon told Fox News that her daughter was upset by the classroom lecture and was confused about why she had to ask another girl for a kiss.

�She told me, �Mom, we all get teased and picked on enough � now I�m going to be called a lesbian because I had to ask another girl if I could kiss her,�� Coon said.

She said the school told her that the purpose of the lesson was to �teach girls boundaries and how to say no.�

�They also picked two girls to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date,� Coons said.

Paul Finch, the superintendent of the Red Hook Central School District, told the Poughkeepsie Journal that the workshop focused on �improving culture, relationships, communication and self-perceptions.�

Full article at link above.

----------------------------------------------

Forcing young teenage girls to kiss each other? Giving lessons on how to spot sluts? Telling 14 year old girls to have sex and not to listen to their parents? Genderqueer? What is going on in schools?!?!?!

On a completely unrelated note, where is Zackback teaching these days?
Zackback

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freak show USA.
But hey there is no such thing as right and wrong so let's not be so narrow-minded and judgmental about this. What's the other word?..oh yeah "intolerant". Don't be intolerant to other points of view and lifestyles.

Like I wrote in another post recently I am never going back to that place.

I'm still in the Philippines......might be here for some time. Legal age here is 18 which is fine. Forcing others to kiss? I get so many willing to do that to me here - If anything they force themselves on me!
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't until I was older, but when I was 14, I had several friends who were having sex.

I don't think that the lesson was handled appropriately, but the whole "carry a condom" thing for the boys was spot on.
joeteacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been googling "middle school girls" a lot lately?
12ax7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeteacher wrote:
Have you been googling "middle school girls" a lot lately?

Only lately?

Take a look at his avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: