Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronreezy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Jennifer from Star Teachers was very helpful. She has many schools and calls and emails all the time.
kcmo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, RBI is really good. They found several schools for me within a week of me filling out the online application.
cheezsteakwit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Got a recruiter to recommend. Reply with quote

Alistair at Korean Horizons - very helpful from the start.
xixixaxa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Teach Esl Korea Reply with quote

I want to recommend http://teacheslkorea.com/ I'm applying with a friend and we've been keeping up great correspondence with Dan. He's very helpful and honest too. Out of the recruiters we applied to, Dan is definitely one of the best! I'm pretty new to teaching abroad, but I thought it was worthwhile giving this recommendation!
diddymao

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Footprints over Teachaway from what I've heard from people
Soup1988

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone dealt with teackorea.co.za? Thoughts on them?
zoeksk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recruiter Bryan from xperteacher has been really helpful, and replies really quickly to even the stupidest questions. Its only my first week here in Korea but so far I think I've lucked out (touch wood) and found a good school. My hours are low, the pay is high, I get alot of breaks throughout the day to use for planning (or recooperation) and the director is going out of her way to try to help me settle in, although I have for the most part enjoyed doing things myself.
JustinC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say Kimchi Recruiting were very good; lots of help with paperwork and, when meeting in person in Korea, friendly and helpful.
stever1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied to several recruiters, and the best recruiter I worked with was RBI. Great advice, great help, and very friendly.
Dalton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age discrimination?

I've noticed that some recruiter sites list age requirements. Is this a school or regional concern or a recruiting marketing model?

I've seen under 40 so much. I started after 40. Maybe it's my fault?

Do schools today want all their teachers under 40?

Any recommendations for recruiters that don't discriminate?
steve902

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lady below was responsive, informed, and quick to reply to questions.

She was also the only person with whom I spoke or interviewed about a job in Korea who was on time for our Skype or phone conversations. Everyone else was late or missed the scheduled time without telling me. I'm not sure how common that time issue is with other people, but Lynn was professional accross the board.

Lynn Kim
Phone : +82-10-4204-0706 / +82-1566-1208
Dalton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve902 wrote:
The lady below was responsive, informed, and quick to reply to questions.

She was also the only person with whom I spoke or interviewed about a job in Korea who was on time for our Skype or phone conversations. Everyone else was late or missed the scheduled time without telling me. I'm not sure how common that time issue is with other people, but Lynn was professional accross the board.

Lynn Kim
Phone : +82-10-4204-0706 / +82-1566-1208

ty. I'll check them out.
bttrcp8890

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Adventure Teaching Reply with quote

I've had good experience with AdventureTeaching. The responses are always quick and since it is a smaller company, I've only spoke with three people (one being the co-founder).

I see that other people said they had problems with waiting for schools. I had two interviews before I even had any of my VISA papers in, but I suppose it helped that I am a certified English teacher in the US.
LHolter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to throw my opinion in: Most of the recruiters I contacted got back to me very quickly, usually within 24 hours or so. The one that did not was the recruiter I wanted to use initially: RBI Korea. I originally thought I wanted to be in the Busan area, but after some research, I'm glad I opted for Seoul and RBI never got back to me.

The recruiter I've ended up using was Star Teachers, specifically Dexter from Star Teachers. He has been * phenomenal!* He initially called me after seeing my resume here on Dave's. Ever since then he has called me at least once a day until my contract was shored up yesterday. He contacts me by email everyday; answering every question and concern I could possibly come up with. This time and care was especially important to me considering I am a first-time newb at all of this stuff.

Dexter answers all my emails usually within minutes of me sending them and has been nothing but polite. So like I said, I'm glad RBI Korea didn't work out for me because Dexter at Star Teachers really came through. If anyone would like his email address or telephone number, please PM me and I will be more than happy to give it to you. Smile

EDITED TO ADD:
RBI Korea emailed me today (March 6th) with a job offer. Just wanted to let potential recruitees know that they did eventually get back to me.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Good / Bad recruiters Reply with quote

I'm in my first year so I can only speak of my experience...

I got my job through Korjob Canada Recruiting in Vancouver. http://korjobcanada.com Their website is easy to follow and was accurate.
David was really helpful and supportive. He helped me with my resume, prepped me for interviews etc.. I had all the info I needed.
On top of that, I got a nice job through them.
I heard footprints are good too but more for public school applications, or for other countries.

Conversely, I had initially applied to ACE Recruiting. Does anyone know them? Unbelievable. Julia (she is Korean) started off nice, but then changed to rude and condescending.
I was appalled at some things she said to me when I would just ask some details about a position. I kept thinking "why is she in this business?"...
The true colors came out.. maybe she should be a construction worker.

I like the English recruiters... They taught before so they know the situation you're in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: