Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to know more about how the F2 visa works with the tab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neozenha

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: I want to know more about how the F2 visa works with the tab Reply with quote

So F-2 Visa can be obtained through the point system and you don't need to be married to a Korean so...

I don't know which table is the most updated one but getting 80/120 points seems extremely hard.

http://koreanconsulting.typepad.com/files/pointsystem.pdf

This is the table which I looking at..

Age 18-24 = 20 Points
Academic = 1 Bacholer's degree 26 Points
TOPIK = I was thinking of doing beginner (I saw 2 tables, one which had like level 1 / level 2 and had different points for level 2 but this one is different?) This table: https://www.dropbox.com/s/021p4zm01w06f2b/Immigration%20Points.doc
I'm just going to put 10 Points
Yearly income = Presumably working as a English teacher you get less than 35 million won 5 points

With study in Korea, with a course which is studying for 1 year abroad in Korea, does that count towards anything?

Do TOPIK transcripts last forever? If you do it once like beginner you don't have to do it again in the future?

That's be.... 61 Points
How would you get 80 odd points now =.=

First of all I want to know if the table which I'm referring to is the most updated one or unless nothing has changed.
alongway

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new table it's been adjusted again.
You don't have the latest one
here is the latest
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2871758#2871758

The visa's intention is to meet their ideal. Your age is a little young, so you'd have to compensate with a higher education, and korean study. You basically need to take the KIIP these days.
Your average teacher might come here, fresh out of college, decide they enjoy it, and enroll in the KIIP.
When they complete it after a year or two, they'll end up something like this:
Age 25-29 - 23 points
Bachelor 26/28 points
Language - 16
KIIP - 10
Income - 2 maybe 3 if lucky
for a total of: 75/78 (science and over 30 million)

It would be up to you on how to make up those extra couple points, volunteer (1-5 points), push for TOPIK6 (2 points) study for a masters while doing the KIIP (4 points). It'll take you a couple years likely to get through KIIP, so I'd recommend simply coupling KIIP with volunteer work for those 2 years and then you'll get your points.

It is possible for a highly educated person with overseas experience to volunteer here and get an F-2-7 without any Korean language study (Science doctorate, 30-35 age, over 3 years volunteer, 3 years work experience, with a combination of 10 points in income/taxes) but basically anyone who wants to get this will need to enroll in KIIP.

The biggest change from the original scoring is that the lower-end income points have been reduced. Originally you got 5 points for under 35 million, now you only get 2, maybe 3. The other big change is that science degrees get a 2 point bump. So if you are a teacher with a science degree, you'll likely end up getting the same points as you originally would have. They also changed the volunteer requirements to make them a little lengthier for more points. The tax category is totally new.
Neozenha

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the KIIP program?

Does "Studying" in Korea mean from start to finish? Does a year abroad study count towards nothing?
alongway

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neozenha wrote:
What is the KIIP program?

Does "Studying" in Korea mean from start to finish? Does a year abroad study count towards nothing?

KIIP is the social integration program, language and culture.

A year of study abroad is pretty meaningless to them. Studying in Korea would likely mean that you did the bulk of/received your degree in Korea from a Korean institution. Not living in Korea and doing a distance degree back home.
Neozenha

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this TOPIK1/2/3/4/5/6? How much is beginner, int or advanced?

How is that split up?

Is KIIP harder than TOPIK? What is KIIP about what do you do? I never heard of KIIP before probably because it's only available in Korea lol

What if I have a KIIP and a TOPIK? Do they still only count as one thing?
or
If I have 2 TOPIK / 2 KIIP qualifications?

Do TOPIK certificates last forever? Say you did beginner now, you won't need to update it by doing a recent one or anything?

What is tax paid annually?

Working in Korea for like 1 year.. or more what does that count towards? Nothing?

Define volunteering work...
alongway

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to head over to the other thread, and perhaps find yourself a dictionary for some of those questions..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: