Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you need an FBI check urgently
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Latina714

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone used the accurate biometrics company recently? I am really considering it because I need my background check ASAP. Anyone who has used it please let me know how the service was for you. Thanks!
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot use expeditors or channelers for obtaining the FBI CBC. Either they cannot be Apostilled or Korean Immigration will not accept them or both. You have to apply for the CBC personally. You can only use expeditors or channelers for speeding up the Apostille process once you have received the CBC.

This has been mentioned many times on this forum.
Latina714

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
You cannot use expeditors or channelers for obtaining the FBI CBC. Either they cannot be Apostilled or Korean Immigration will not accept them or both. You have to apply for the CBC personally. You can only use expeditors or channelers for speeding up the Apostille process once you have received the CBC.

This has been mentioned many times on this forum.

Thank you for the response! The reason I ask is because my recruiter recommended for me to do it that way. I already did it the regular way and sent my fingerprint card like 2 weeks ago. It's going to take about 2 months. I have to have it turned in by August 2nd. Anyway, if you say Korean immigration wont accept it and it wont get apostilled then im screwed. :/
Jmfong15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: I Have Used Accurate Biometrics Reply with quote

I paid $60 and received my criminal background check within a week. I advise anyone considering on using this service to use it Mon-Thur because if you use it on Friday, you will not receive your results till the following week due to the weekends not being normal business days.

Included in this service, I received a PDF copy of my criminal background check and I also requested that I receive an "authenticated" tangible copy. They responded with a little uncertainty but told me that, "the copies would be provided on tamper proof paper." When I received the copy in the mail, I noticed that it is provided on safeguard paper. Additionally, I have Kimberly J. Del Greco's signature on the bottom right on the first page. Now the FBI seal is the thing that I am unsure of. I don't know what is considered the FBI seal because in the background, there is clearly an FBI symbol but other than that, not much more. Furthermore, the FBI website states that the FBI seal is no longer raised. So whether I have a seal...I am not sure haha.

Another issue that I am confused about is that on the first page it states:

"This CHS is not provided for the purpose of licensing or employment or any other purpose enumerated in 28 CFR 20.33."

Sigh...I just don't know if this can be apostilled.

http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/fingerprinting_FBI_Criminal_Background_Checks_Departmental_Order_55673.html

The above link is accurate biometrics statement that they can provide a criminal background response required to obtain an apostille. The FBI website also hints at the possibility for a channeler to provide a service to aid in apostilles.

https://www.uslegalization.com/korea/
I was recommended to this site above for apostille. They told me it would be ok.

Any who, I hope this helps a little. I'm going to call FBI and AB for more info.
yfb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"This CHS is not provided for the purpose of licensing or employment or any other purpose enumerated in 28 CFR 20.33."

Don't worry about this quote. This is on the real FBI background check paper as well. Expathell.com has a great writeup on why this is stupid:

Quote:

The problem? Well, to start, nobody even checks to see WHOSE fingerprints you are sending to the FBI or relevant authorities in your home country. A criminal could very easily just submit someone else’s fingerprints and a false social security number, and come up with a “no criminal background found” letter. It’s just that easy. A wanted murderer can do it. A convicted pedophile can do it. Anyone can do it. In fact, take this into consideration: when an immigrant (or resident alien, or other non-citizen) commits a felony in the USA and thus obtains a documented criminal history, this person has NO American social security number under which their history is filed. The FBI relies ONLY on fingerprints to identify these people. Furthermore, the FBI’s criminal background checks are not intended to verify a person’s identity, but solely to verify the lack of a criminal history. The FBI’s website clearly states that the FBI CBC process conducted via mail IS NOT to be used for employment purposes, probably because the FBI has no capacity to verify that the prints sent to them anonymously in the mail belong to the person whose name is printed on the application form.

That's right, the whole apostilled CBC process is a sham designed to reassure the Korean public "Hey, we're checking native teachers and trusting that they'll submit valid fingerprints and SSN!"
mayorhaggar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI you can now get a channeler to get you an FBI CBC quickly, it used to be that the FBI would not provide a CBC to the channelers with the stamp required for an apostille:

Quote:
The FBI offers two methods for requesting your Criminal History Summary or proof that one does not exist.

Option 1: Submit your request directly to the FBI.

Option 2: Submit to an FBI-approved Channeler, which is a private business that has contracted with the FBI to receive the fingerprint submission and relevant data, collect the associated fee(s), electronically forward the fingerprint submission with the necessary information to the FBI CJIS Division for a national Criminal History Summary check, and receive the electronic summary check result for dissemination to the individual. Contact each Channeler for processing times.

Note: If an authentication (apostille) is needed, please contact the Channeler to determine if this service is provided.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks

So basically contact a listed channeler and ask them if they can get you an apostille-ready CBC.
kstrat2001

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few discussions about this now and I have recently received my CBC after going through Accuratebiometrics. I ended up realizing that I had some extra wording in my CBC letter that matches the issue in this post:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=231684

Basically, it seems to me that using a channeler might get you this extra, "This does not preclude further criminal history at the state or local level" wording.

What I'm wondering is if anyone can confirm that they have used a CBC with this extra wording that comes from a channeler to obtain an E-2 visa. Any problems with this whatsoever?

From the post I've linked above, it looks like the CBC received directly from the FBI didn't include this extra text so I guess I can always go the long route if I have to.
DosEquisXX

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think CBC from private corporations are acceptable. Only direct from the FBI.
sharksmiles

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband got his CBC through a channeler in February, 2014. His also had the extra wording "This does not preclude further criminal history at the sate or local level."

We were worried that it would be rejected, but the recruiter assured us that immigration now accepts these so we gave it a shot. She said that immigration in Seoul and Busan were accepting them (apparently they are the most strict) so the Daejeon immigration office would accept them no problem. She was correct.

We used http://www.myfbireport.com to order the CBC...I'm not sure about other channelers, but the background checks they provide are authenticated (FBI logo, seal, and signature) and can be apostilled by the U.S. Department of State.

Hope this helps.
kstrat2001

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharksmiles, thanks so much for the info (big sigh of relief). That will save me tons of time & money since I already have the CBC with the logo, seal, and sig. It's on paper that says COPY all over it when you scan it. It's definitely looking official so it is confusing that the extra wording ends up on it, or that it ends up different at all. If anyone can explain that further I'm still a bit curious.

I was very pleased with the service from accuratebiometrics in Chicago, too. It only took me 5 mins, in and out. Got the CBC in the mail in about a week. I will try to remember to follow up on this post after attempting the apostille process and E2 process to verify all goes well.
indyflyguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to beat a dead horse... is it definitely OK now to use a channeler for a CBC? I called immigrations, and the lady didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I looked and saw they are recommended by a lot of recruiters, so I must assume it is now allowed? TIA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: