Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghostrider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it" Reply with quote

From the Associated Press:"They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: 'There's our target,'" [Duncan police chief Danny] Ford said. "The boy who has talked to us said: 'We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.'""They followed him in the car to that area, shot him in the back and drove off," Ford said.Ford also noted that the boys said they killed Lane for "the fun of it."
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/23227500/bored-teenagers-murder-college-baseball-player
stilicho25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my understanding was that this was racial, and in revenge for trayvon. The sherrif is alleged to be covering up that aspect of it.
lowpo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stilicho25 wrote:
my understanding was that this was racial, and in revenge for trayvon. The sherrif is alleged to be covering up that aspect of it.

For what evert reason, they will now spend the rest of their lives in prison.
Captain Corea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, why could the gun not have went off accidentally in the car first??

Would have been a more just story.
Leon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowpo wrote:
stilicho25 wrote:

For what evert reason, they will now spend the rest of their lives in prison.

If its racial how come one of the three is a white boy?
young_clinton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The incident sounds similar to the Leopold and Loeb case. One anti-social individual comes up with the idea and the other individuals are to weak to say 'Ah I don't think that's such a good idea', Brad'. I wonder if they picked the victim out because he was athletic and generally they view themselves as above the athletic scene.
stilicho25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the video he says "bitch we got them poles". Poles is supposedly short for polar pear, as in the polar bear hunting. I.E. randomly attacking white people.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2010-09-28/former-tv-weatherman-victim-unprovoked-attack.html

In the above article the police say it isn't a widely used term, but that is what I found while trolling the dark places of the internet looking for more info. We will have to wait and see how it plays out. As for the picture, their is one set showing 3 black males, and another showing one of them looking a bit pale. No idea what gives there.

the video so you can judge for yourself what he means by poles or poes...
http://www.news.com.au/world-news/north-america/selfies-of-the-accused-teen-thrillkillers-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane/story-fnh81jut-1226701238114
Leon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stilicho25 wrote:
In the video he says "bitch we got them poles". Poles is supposedly short for polar pear, as in the polar bear hunting. I.E. randomly attacking white people.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2010-09-28/former-tv-weatherman-victim-unprovoked-attack.html

In the above article the police say it isn't a widely used term, but that is what I found while trolling the dark places of the internet looking for more info. We will have to wait and see how it plays out. As for the picture, their is one set showing 3 black males, and another showing one of them looking a bit pale. No idea what gives there.

the video so you can judge for yourself what he means by poles or poes...
http://www.news.com.au/world-news/north-america/selfies-of-the-accused-teen-thrillkillers-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane/story-fnh81jut-1226701238114

Maybe going to the dark places of the Internet and speculating isn't really a good use of time, why not wait a little bit and see what actually happened. One's a bit pale? In that line up in the article that kid in the picture is pale like I'm pale, he's white, or mixed with some one very very very light skinned. Sorry if that doesn't fit with your polar bear hunting theory.
stilicho25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not my theory... and the video is the perp in his own words.
radcon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a secret that in many major US cities groups of black youths roam at night just looking to attack whitey. They even video the beatings and sell the videos. Prosecuters are reluctant to label these hate crimes.
ghostrider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australians are being warned about travelling to the US:

Quote:
This week, even Australian’s former Deputy Prime Minister Tim Fischer spoke against the crime and directed his sentiments at the whole of America, calling for a boycott of the United States.

According to the Herald Sun and Huffington Post online news sites, he asked Australians to avoid the U.S. as a way to force Congress to act on gun control.

“Tourists thinking of going to the USA should think twice,” Fischer told the Herald Sun, an Australian news outlet.

“This is the bitter harvest and legacy of the policies of the NRA that even blocked background checks for people buying guns at gun shows. People should take this into account before going to the United States. I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers (but) it’s a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the U.S.A. There is a gun for almost every American.”

Melbourne journalist Tom Andronas also voiced insight to the emotional atmosphere in Australia.

“There has been a bit of talk about a U.S. boycott. I’ll be honest, your gun control laws (or complete lack thereof) are seen as a complete disgrace over here. We find it incomprehensible that anyone other than a serving soldier or policeman should have access to an assault rifle, or any high-powered weapon.”

http://duncanbanner.com/local/x865758740/Australians-disagree-with-U-S-gun-laws
bigverne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black teen who allegedly murdered Australian jogger posted racist Tweets

One of the teens charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Australian baseball player Christopher Lane in Duncan, Okla., previously posted anti-white statements on his Twitter feed.

A couple of Tweets also suggest that Edwards wasn’t fond of white people.

On April 29, he tweeted, “90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM.”

On July 15, days after the George Zimmerman verdict, Edwards tweeted “Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!Smile lol shit ima keep sleepin shit! #ayeeee.”

“Woods” is a derogatory term for white people.

This is an extreme example, but this kind of vicious black violence, motivated by nothing more than hatred of whites, is all too common in the US.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/black-teen-who-murdered-australian-jogger-posted-racist-tweets/#ixzz2ciP6qKDb
jvalmer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
Maybe going to the dark places of the Internet and speculating isn't really a good use of time, why not wait a little bit and see what actually happened. One's a bit pale? In that line up in the article that kid in the picture is pale like I'm pale, he's white, or mixed with some one very very very light skinned. Sorry if that doesn't fit with your polar bear hunting theory.

Jason Kidd is half black, but looks just as pale as that kid in the photo.
Leon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:
Leon wrote:

Jason Kidd is half black, but looks just as pale as that kid in the photo.

I'm sure we will find out for sure soon enough.
ghostrider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Dewayne Jones has African American ancestry. Zimmerman was a white hispanic according to the media so why can't Jones be a white black?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: