Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point has been proven, thank you. Have a nice day.
IPayInCash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you decided to take my advice. A wise move. Wink
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPayInCash wrote:

Wow, you are gutless on the internet. Impressive.

No, you did not straight up say, "Fox you are a racist," but as he noted, you made a blantant implication he was.

Please explain how someone who provides a "racist diatribe" isn't racist.
Titus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/family-picnic-targeted-by-black-gang/

Quote:
In Niagara Falls, a black mob of 20 attacked a mother and her family on a picnic. They hurled racial slurs and told them they did not like their “Puerto Rican (expletive) music.”

The Niagara Gazette described what happened next as a “fight,” although many would call it an assault:

Watch the video.

Also, the white guy who was killed in Memphis was probably retaliation for Trayvon Martin.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/22/3-black-men-kill-white-man-memphis-facebook-page-h/

In case any of you missed it, the kid in OK was murdered by a guy who openly expressed hatred towards and a history of violence against whites.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22/james-francis-edwards-tweets-racist-messages_n_3794913.html
Titus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:
Maybe 5 years ago (or more) two Australian tourists were murdered in a black area of Miami

And two white British guys were shot by a black thug after drunkenly wandering into the ghetto somewhere else in Florida. I don't remember their names, but I know Trayvon's.

Yes. I remember that. I think it was St. Petersburg (Tampa metro). A huge chunk of that area is Africa.

xxx

Quote:
Jesse Jackson ‘frowns upon’ senseless murder of Australian student

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/21/jesse-jackson-frowns-upon-senseless-murder-austral/
Squire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime against white people seems out of control in the US
Leon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squire wrote:

That's because you read anecdotes from people like Titus rather than look at statistics and trends. Overall crime in the US is falling, and has been. The majority of white victims are killed by other white people, same for black people.

"In 2010, 47 percent of homicide victims were white and 50
percent were black. For 4 percent of victims, race was classified
as “other” or “unknown.”5
• In 2010, homicide was generally intra-racial in cases where the
race of the victim and offender were known: white offenders
murdered 83 percent of white victims, and black offenders
murdered 90 percent of black victims.6"

If anything crime against males is out of control much more so than anything to do with race.

"In 2010, 77 percent of murder victims were male and 23 percent
female.2"

http://ovc.ncjrs.gov/ncvrw2013/pdf/StatisticalOverviews.pdf
radcon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
Squire wrote:

That's because you read anecdotes from people like Titus rather than look at statistics and trends. Overall crime in the US is falling, and has been. The majority of white victims are killed by other white people, same for black people.

If anything crime against males is out of control much more so than anything to do with race.

female.2"

You have shown that people generally kill people they know (ie same race). No secret there. But when the crimes are interracial, blacks are 39 times more likely to commit violent crimes against whites than vice versa according to FBI stats. That's a huge disparity even after you figure in the difference in population numbers.
Kuros

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
IPayInCash wrote:

No, you did not straight up say, "Fox you are a racist," but as he noted, you made a blantant implication he was.

*clears throat*

FOX,

YOU ARE A RACIST.

*looks around furtively*

Hey, that wasn't so bad!
Leon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
Leon wrote:
Squire wrote:

female.2"

You have shown that people generally kill people they know (ie same race). No secret there. But when the crimes are interracial, blacks are 39 times more likely to commit violent crimes against whites than vice versa according to FBI stats. That's a huge disparity even after you figure in the difference in population numbers.

Yes, but the percentage of whites being killed by all other races is small relative to all whites being killed, and the overall rate of homocides is falling consistently so that's hardly out of control violence towards whites like the previous poster suggested.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
IPayInCash wrote:

*clears throat*

FOX,

YOU ARE A RACIST.

*looks around furtively*

Hey, that wasn't so bad!

What do you think of the advice?
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:

Yes, but the percentage of whites being killed by all other races is small relative to all whites being killed...

The fact that most whites, even if they might never admit it, do their best to avoid black-heavy areas probably plays a non-trivial role in that. White flight is a real fact of life, as certain parties regularly remind us, and it's probably saved quite a few lives (to say nothing of property, which I'm less concerned with, but probably shouldn't be shrugged off entirely).
Leon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Leon wrote:

Yes, but the percentage of whites being killed by all other races is small relative to all whites being killed...

The fact that most whites, even if they might never admit it, do their best to avoid black-heavy areas probably plays a non-trivial role in that. White flight is a real fact of life, as certain parties regularly remind us, and it's probably saved quite a few lives (to say nothing of property, which I'm less concerned with, but probably shouldn't be shrugged off entirely).

I mean it's possible, but is a few lives statistically significant, even if it was possible to prove your contention? Also, there are externalities to consider, such as the reason that there are many urban black heavy areas where poverty has been concentrated was caused by housing policy. Also white flight lessens property value for black families, and is part of the reason that blacks of all socioeconomic classes are much more likely to live in neighborhoods with poverty. For someone who likes to talk about culture being a cause of violence, I shouldn't have to explain to you why this is a problem. If anything white flight probably has at best a neutral effect, but unless you have any data to show why one way or another, why mention it?

The advice is stupid, btw. A large group of elderly black people, a black church group, or probably a group of black woman are all probably less likely to attack you than a young male of any race. If he wrote the advice and said young males, he might be a little better off, but in general it's really not that hard to tell which people are likely to be thugs of any race. I mean if he even said young black males, then it might have something to it, but then again whites are much more likely to get killed by other whites, so maybe not.
Kuros

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Kuros wrote:
bucheon bum wrote:
IPayInCash wrote:

*clears throat*

FOX,

YOU ARE A RACIST.

*looks around furtively*

Hey, that wasn't so bad!

What do you think of the advice?

(10) Thus, while always attentive to the particular qualities of individuals, on the many occasions where you have nothing to guide you but knowledge of those mean differences, use statistical common sense:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

- Reasonable. Avoid near 100% concentrations of any one ethnic group not all known to you personally. If someone assaults you, you want disinterested witnesses.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

- Paranoid. But if you're in a poor black neighborhood, follow 10a.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

- Paranoid.

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

- Paranoid, but may implicate 10a.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

- Paranoid, but may implicate 10a.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

- No. The black corruption machine exists, but it cannot harm you any worse than what you call the "usurious complex." See Elites’ deplorable double-standard on corruption

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

- C'mon, no.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

- I agree from experience.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

- If accosted by a stranger in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

A lot of this is just an extension of 10a, which I'd apply to any minority ethnic group really. You are probably safe if you're in a majority group, say Koreans in Korea. But minorities have resentments and their group-complex can be more dangerous.
Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:

I mean it's possible, but is a few lives statistically significant, even if it was possible to prove your contention? Also, there are externalities to consider, such as the reason that there are many urban black heavy areas where poverty has been concentrated was caused by housing policy. Also white flight lessens property value for black families, and is part of the reason that blacks of all socioeconomic classes are much more likely to live in neighborhoods with poverty.

Impoverished urban areas are rife with violence; the number of white lives which will have been saved by fleeing such areas is in direct proportion to the degree to which white flight occurs in the first place. So we've got two real possibilities:

1) The number of lives saved is statistically insignificant, in which case white flight is statistically insignificant, in which case those who complain about it in their "fight against racism" are blatant, agenda-driven propaganda artists.

2) White flight is statistically significant, in which case the number of white lives saved by it will almost certainly also be statistically significant.

Whichever you choose, it does not bode well for your philosophy.

Leon wrote:
For someone who likes to talk about culture being a cause of violence, I shouldn't have to explain to you why this is a problem. If anything white flight probably has at best a neutral effect, but unless you have any data to show why one way or another, why mention it?

I mention it because people -- people such as yourself, right here -- take issue with white flight and the effect it has on "black property values" while simultaneously trivializing black on white violence. In order for white flight to have a substantial impact on black property value, it must be prevalent, and if its prevalent, then of course blacks will have far less opportunity to engage in violence against whites: the whites are actively avoid them. It's your self-contradictory world view which I'm attacking here.

Leon wrote:
The advice is stupid, btw. A large group of elderly black people, a black church group, or probably a group of black woman ...

... are all exactly not the people the advice giver is talking about. He is clearly referring to young black men. Don't play stupid with me, it doesn't suit you; there's no possible way a rational, informed person could read this and say, "Oh, he's talking about the dangers of a retirement home full of black people."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: