Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three teens commit murder for "the fun of it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we talking about something hypothetical when we have the reality in front of us?
bigverne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
Why are we talking about something hypothetical when we have the reality in front of us?

What?
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:

What?

Reality

Tim Wise's rant was about white old guys keeping a biased status quo alive.

Hypothetical

You asked how would I feel or think if a public figure was gloating about liberal Jews dying off.

But gloating about a group of people dying off...while somewhat ghoulish is a far cry from actively plotting to bring their deaths about which is what Goad was insinuating.

I wouldn't want to have a beer with the second guy...but I would have no problem having a beer with Tim Wise...even though (apart from the age thing) I belong to the very segment of the population he says is going to die off. Although I disagree with much of what he says in regards to white and white privilege I could see the two of us having a lively but civil debate on these topics.

But simply because I identify strongly with the right wing...does not preclude me from noting good points that the other side makes. I only wish that others of my ideological bent were capable of the same. So far I haven't seen much evidence of it. At least Mr. Wise uses data to back up his points rather than anecdotal evidence or sensational news stories.
bigverne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tim Wise's rant was about white old guys keeping a biased status quo alive.

It was him gloating over the 'destruction' of white America. He thinks it a great thing that white Americans, who were once the overwhelming majority, will soon be a minority. Only in the West does this kind of insanity go on. This is where all this talk of 'diversity,' 'multiculturalism,' and 'white privilege' end....the demographic dispossession of whites. And it is people like Wise who constantly fan the flames of anti-white hostility among blacks, which lead to atrocities like this, another black on white murder you probably haven't heard of:

Midtown murder suspect confesses

Nkosi Thandiwe, 23, admitted to killing Brittany Watts and stealing her car.

Thandiwe said Watts was sitting in her car when he approached her and told her to get out. She jumped out and tried to run away.

"I shot her in the back of the neck and she dropped to the ground," said Thandiwe. "I didn't touch her."

Thandiwe said he stole Watts' car and likely drove over her body while leaving. His rage didn't stop with Watts.

Thandiwe admitted to shooting Tiffany Ferenczy in the calf and shooting and paralyzing Lauren Garcia as they walked across Crescent Avenue.

"It was almost like watching myself in action not being able to control what happened, not being consciously connected to my body," said Thandiwe.

All of Thandiwe's victims are white. He said during his last few years in college, his history studies changed his thoughts about how some white people treated black people.

"In terms of slavery and race, it was something that needed to be answered for. I saw it as something that the black community hasn't recovered from so my initial way to handle that was to spread information to help combat some of the ignorance that was in the black community about our history," said Thandiwe.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were trying to spread the message of making white people the enemy," asked Assistant District Attorney Linda Dunikoski.

"Yes," replied Thandiwe.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20816605/man-accused-of-murder-in-midtown-atlanta-parking-garage-takes-the-stand
Leon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After TUM makes the point about using data instead of ancedote , you do what, provide another anecdote?
radcon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUrbanMyth wrote:
And now for a look at this from another angle

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/race-crime-and-statistical-malpractice-how-the-right-manipulates-white-fear-with-bogus-data/

Quote:
Only about 1 percent of African Americans — and no more than 2 percent of black males — will commit a violent crime in a given year;

* Even though there are more black-on-white interracial crimes than white-on-black interracial crimes, this fact is not evidence of anti-white racial targeting by black offenders. Rather, it is completely explained by two factors having nothing to do with anti-white bias: namely, the general differences in rates of criminal offending, and the rates at which whites and blacks encounter one another (and thus, have the opportunity to victimize one another). Once these two factors are “controlled for” in social science terms, the actual rates of black-on-white crime are lower than random chance would predict;

* No more than 0.7 percent (seven-tenths of one percent) of African Americans will commit a violent crime against a white person in a given year, and fewer than 0.3 (three-tenths of one percent) of whites will be victimized by a black person in a given year;

* Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.

(the full article is at the link above).

Murder while heinous, is just one category of violent crime. Care to post the stats on interracial assualts, batteries. How about car jackings. The stats on white and black interracial rape may shock you.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After TUM makes the point about using data instead of ancedote , you do what, provide another anecdote?

A racist killing of a white woman by an aggrieved black man is an 'anecdote.'
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
[
It was him gloating over the 'destruction' of white America. He thinks it a great thing that white Americans, who were once the overwhelming majority, will soon be a minority.

Sensationalist fear-mongering. Tim Wise very clearly said the below at the start of his letter and also put it in capitals to emphasize it

Quote:
*NOTE: PLEASE RE-READ THE TITLE OF THIS ESSAY BEFORE GOING FURTHER. NOTICE, IT IS AIMED AT THE WHITE RIGHT. NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE. ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS ESSAY IS “ANTI-WHITE PEOPLE,” AS OPPOSED TO THAT SEGMENT OF THE WHITE COMMUNITY THAT IS RIGHT WING, CANNOT READ PLAIN ENGLISH. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.*

hmm...looks like he called it.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
TheUrbanMyth wrote:
And now for a look at this from another angle

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/race-crime-and-statistical-malpractice-how-the-right-manipulates-white-fear-with-bogus-data/

Quote:
Only about 1 percent of African Americans — and no more than 2 percent of black males — will commit a violent crime in a given year;

* Even though there are more black-on-white interracial crimes than white-on-black interracial crimes, this fact is not evidence of anti-white racial targeting by black offenders. Rather, it is completely explained by two factors having nothing to do with anti-white bias: namely, the general differences in rates of criminal offending, and the rates at which whites and blacks encounter one another (and thus, have the opportunity to victimize one another). Once these two factors are “controlled for” in social science terms, the actual rates of black-on-white crime are lower than random chance would predict;

* No more than 0.7 percent (seven-tenths of one percent) of African Americans will commit a violent crime against a white person in a given year, and fewer than 0.3 (three-tenths of one percent) of whites will be victimized by a black person in a given year;

* Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.

(the full article is at the link above).

Murder while heinous, is just one category of violent crime. Care to post the stats on interracial assualts, batteries. How about car jackings. The stats on white and black interracial rape may shock you.

Feel free to provide them and the relevant link(s). Shock me.
Leon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
Quote:

A racist killing of a white woman by an aggrieved black man is an 'anecdote.'

It's a single incident that doesn't prove or disprove anything beyond that one incidence unless it's provided with context that explains it. It's a tragedy, but if you are trying to make a case for a societal problem, you will have to try harder.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
[

6. Most sexual assaults are interracial.

Myth. Almost all sexual assaults occur between members of the same race. Interracial rape is not common, but it does occur. When it occurs, white victims tend to report black assailants more frequently than white assailants, and a disproportionate number of black offenders are convicted. Black victims tend to underreport assaults, especially if the offender is white. The myth that black men rape white women may be perpetuated by the publicity afforded to those assaults that fit cultural and racial stereotypes.

http://www.familycrisiscenters.org/site/myths_facts.html
Fox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that website also has the, "Rape is all about power, not sex," talking point on it (and moreover, that it's the very first one listed!), I would be wary of taking it too seriously TUM.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Given that website also has the, "Rape is all about power, not sex," talking point on it (and moreover, that it's the very first one listed!), I would be wary of taking it too seriously TUM.

Having one or two statements that someone personally disagrees does not discredit the entire thing though.

For example.

Quote:
2. Women are sexually assaulted because they "ask for it."
I doubt most people disagree that this one is a myth.

But if you don't like that link...fair enough.

How about a blog that uses Bureau of Justice statistics?

http://cloud.lib.wfu.edu/blog/polisocsp13/2013/05/09/interchangeable/

Quote:
Rape exhibits the same pattern; only between twelve percent of non-stranger rapes and 31.5 percent of stranger rapes are interracial. But in exonerations, 78 percent of the cases deal with an African-American man being exonerated for the murder or rape of a white woman. African American men are four times more likely to be convicted for raping and or killing a white woman, a disproportionate charge compared to the amount of times they are actually guilty of these crimes.

As we see rape is OVERWHELMINGLY intraracial.

And before anybody says "A blog? TUM really?" I would like to note that these statistics have a link to the Bureau of Justice and they are updated to 2010. So fairly recent.
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a tragedy, but if you are trying to make a case for a societal problem, you will have to try harder.

How many links to brutal 'random,' violent, and unprovoked attacks by blacks against whites do you need before you recognise it might be a societal problem?
bigverne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When it occurs, white victims tend to report black assailants more frequently than white assailants, and a disproportionate number of black offenders are convicted. Black victims tend to underreport assaults, especially if the offender is white

No evidence is given to back up any of these claims.

The reality, according to DoJ statistics:

To see the real truth of the matter, let us take a look at the Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2005. (Go to the linked document, and under "Victims and Offenders" download the pdf file for 2005.)

In Table 42, entitled "Personal crimes of violence, 2005, percent distribution of single-offender victimizations, based on race of victims, by type of crime and perceived race of offender," we learn that there were 111,590 white victims and 36,620 black victims of rape or sexual assault in 2005. (The number of rapes is not distinguished from those of sexual assaults; it is maddening that sexual assault, an ill-defined category that covers various types of criminal acts ranging from penetration to inappropriate touching, is conflated with the more specific crime of rape.) In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white. The table explains that 0.0 percent means that there were under 10 incidents nationally.
The table does not gives statistics for Hispanic victims and offenders. But the bottom line on interracial white/black and black/white rape is clear:

In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.
What this means is that every day in the United States, over one hundred white women are raped or sexually assaulted by a black man.

http://www.iraq-war.ru/article/294230

Last edited by bigverne on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: