Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taxis from airport
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuna007az

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Taxis from airport Reply with quote

How expensive would it be to take a taxi from incheon airport into seoul hapejeong are for a hostell...............it it easier than trying to navigate the bus
peppermint

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will cost a small fortune, cause depending on traffic, it's around 30 minutes to an hourinto Seoul. As long as you know the area of Seoul where you want to go, it's not difficult at all to navigate the bus. Besides, if you're staying at a hostel, it sounds like you're trying to save $$$. If you're gonna splurge, do it on accomodations not transportation.
Swiss James

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess at around 40,000 won for a taxi to Hapjeong, regardless of traffic you've got to pay the toll over the bridge, and the long travel time.
The 602 bus however goes straight from the airport to Hapjeong subway station with no stops in between 7,000 won, it'll take almost exactly the same amount of time- your call!

See also this thread about the 602
http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/viewtopic.php?t=20421
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxis from airport Reply with quote

tuna007az wrote:
How expensive would it be to take a taxi from incheon airport into seoul hapejeong are for a hostell...............it it easier than trying to navigate the bus

No, it would be easier to take the bus. They are very organized.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Swiss James

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reservation I'd have would be hauling a load of bags on and off a crowded bus with a driver who's trying to get through his route ASAP. But to be honest it's neither here nor there.
tuna007az

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the bus but map couldnt find the 602 can i get some help?
justagirl

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swissjames, I think the airport limo busses are pretty cool about luggage and all. I've even had them come out of the bus and help me get my stuff out of the undercarriage part.

Now, if it were a plain, old city bus, I'd be really worried! Those guys can drive like Evil Kenevil and don't seem to give a hoot about anyone!

The busses from the airport are really nice. I sure wish the busses from Cheonan to Seoul were the same...really comfy! (for a bus)
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuna007az wrote:
I looked at the bus but map couldnt find the 602 can i get some help?

Here is the official website on buses from the airport:

http://www.airport.or.kr/Eng/transportation/bus.jsp
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toby

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justagirl wrote:
swissjames, I think the airport limo busses are pretty cool about luggage and all. I've even had them come out of the bus and help me get my stuff out of the undercarriage part.

Now, if it were a plain, old city bus, I'd be really worried! Those guys can drive like Evil Kenevil and don't seem to give a hoot about anyone!

The busses from the airport are really nice. I sure wish the busses from Cheonan to Seoul were the same...really comfy! (for a bus)

Yes. they are friendly and will help you anywhere.
Gord

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxis from airport Reply with quote

kangnamdragon wrote:

How can taking a bus possibly be easier than taking a taxi? One gets in to the taxi, tells the driver where to go, and then one can do anything ranging from falling asleep to reading books.

With riding a bus you have to watch for your stop, share your ride with others, and hope that you don't fall asleep and wake up long past where you wanted to get off. Then when you do get off, odds are that one will then have to get into a taxi anyway to get where they really wanted to go in the first place which involves waiting around trying to get a taxi.

Taking a taxi is more expensive, but it's easier.
Swiss James

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last taxi I got from Incheon to my place I had to wait 5 minutes in the freezing cold for the taxi driver to come back from having a pee/buying some smokes/whatever he was doing- then keep him talking as he seemed to be falling asleep at the wheel and veering off to the side then had some big argument when I apologetically explained I had to go up to my room to get the cash.
It's an exception to the rule, but the bus would've been easier then.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxis from airport Reply with quote

Gord wrote:
kangnamdragon wrote:

How can taking a bus possibly be easier than taking a taxi? One gets in to the taxi, tells the driver where to go, and then one can do anything ranging from falling asleep to reading books.

It's easier because you don't start crying afterward when you pay the fare and Real Reality does not have to deal with the guy demanding a tip.
Toby

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The taxi is not cheap rom the airport and not comparable to comfort if you take the limo bus either.

Cheap, easy and comfortable.

That, in my opinion, wins over the taxi. But then, my opinion doesn't matter!
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby wrote:
But then, my opinion doesn't matter!

Sure it does. There is more leg room in the bus too.
Toby

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, if you are knackered, you don't feel obliged to talk to the bus driver in broken korean the same way you would have to with a taxi driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: