Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F-3 Visa for Filipina wife in Bangkok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweet13detroit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: F-3 Visa for Filipina wife in Bangkok Reply with quote

Hello. My Filipina girlfriend are planning on getting married in Thailand soon. I have looked into the requires documents and process of doing that easily enough. But I have also heard that it is much easier to get her F-3 Korean Visa outside of the Philippines. From what I understand, the Manila Korean embassy is notoriously bad and unreliable.

So I was wondering how easy it would be to take her to the Korean embassy in Bangkok to get her F-3 visa. Does it take long? What do we need to bring? How long till she can come to Korea?

I am an EPIK teacher here and have been for 3 years. Thanks for any information you can give me Smile
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: F-3 Visa for Filipina wife in Bangkok Reply with quote

sweet13detroit wrote:
Hello. My Filipina girlfriend are planning on getting married in Thailand soon. I have looked into the requires documents and process of doing that easily enough. But I have also heard that it is much easier to get her F-3 Korean Visa outside of the Philippines. From what I understand, the Manila Korean embassy is notoriously bad and unreliable.

So I was wondering how easy it would be to take her to the Korean embassy in Bangkok to get her F-3 visa. Does it take long? What do we need to bring? How long till she can come to Korea?

I am an EPIK teacher here and have been for 3 years. Thanks for any information you can give me Smile

In our experience, the Korean embassy in Manila was reasonably quick and efficient in processing an F3 for a Pinay bride to come to Korea (4-5 days) unlike for example the US or Canadian embassies processing a marriage visa for a Pinay bride (takes about 2 years).

The hassle lies in actually getting married and getting proof of a legal marriage, not in getting the F3 for her.

The process, after you are married is about the same:

You return to Korea.
She gets proof of marriage registered and legalized. (10-60 days).
You apply for a visa confirmation number for her. (5 days)
She goes to a Korean embassy and applies for an F3 (5 days)
She comes to Korea (5 hours).

I-am-me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second ttompatz. Manila wasnt difficult. Just prepare everything ahead of time. Get her NBI check done as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: