Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ever had an enema in Korea?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Ever had an enema in Korea? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has had this procedure done. How long did it take? How much did it cost?
I've been experiencing digestive problems for a couple weeks now and laxatives just aren't doing it.
Drew345

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The do-it-yourself version is cheap and readily available at drugstores. I once bought some packs at a drugstore in the Jong-ro - dongdaemun area. Probably any drugstore will have them, but there is a "drug-store area" near the Jongro 5-ga station. Look up the enema translation and show it to them. They come in little bottles in little cardboard boxes. Really cheap, like just a 1000 won or so, maybe even cheaper. Takes 2 or 3 bottles for one time use. They were really effective, too.
lowpo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever had an enema in Korea? Reply with quote

OBwannabe wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had this procedure done. How long did it take? How much did it cost?
I've been experiencing digestive problems for a couple weeks now and laxatives just aren't doing it.

I was in the hospial for 3 weeks back in August. After not going to the bathroom for 4 days. I asked for an enema. It only took about 10 minutes from beginning to end. If you go to the hospital to have it done. Make sure that you hold it for about a minute.
The third time they have me a power mix. It took about 4 hours for me to finish going to the bathroom.
optik404

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every morning after a soju binge.
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the mature replies. I appreciate it.
Tried the do it yourself kits from the pharmacy. Really made me want to go, but no results.
Looks like I'll have to go to the hospital to have it done. Now to figure out how to sort that out.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBwannabe wrote:
Tried the do it yourself kits from the pharmacy. Really made me want to go, but no results.
Looks like I'll have to go to the hospital to have it done. Now to figure out how to sort that out.

If your Korean is lacking just bring a tube with you to the hospital and when you see a nurse or doctor just mimic shoving the tub up your butt and stuff spraying everywhere. They'll understand.

(Sorry for ruining the stream of mature posts.)
lowpo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie21 wrote:
OBwannabe wrote:

If your Korean is lacking just bring a tube with you to the hospital and when you see a nurse or doctor just mimic shoving the tub up your butt and stuff spraying everywhere. They'll understand.

If you go to a hospital in Seoul. Most of the doctors and nurses know some English.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowpo wrote:
Hokie21 wrote:
OBwannabe wrote:

If you go to a hospital in Seoul. Most of the doctors and nurses know some English.

Do it anyways.
markness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

optik404 wrote:
Every morning after a soju binge.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Was about the post something similar. Right on!
El Bandito

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Ever had an enema in Korea? Reply with quote

lowpo wrote:
OBwannabe wrote:

I was in the hospial for 3 weeks back in August. After not going to the bathroom for 4 days. I asked for an enema. It only took about 10 minutes from beginning to end. If you go to the hospital to have it done. Make sure that you hold it for about a minute.
The third time they have me a power mix. It took about 4 hours for me to finish going to the bathroom.

Did you get some kind of weird gel shoved up the chute? When I had to get surgery for my 'roids, they put some kind of gel up there before I went in for surgery and that hit me within 45 seconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: