Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean women are beautiful
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm Post subject:
Responses like 'sleeping', 'gaming', and 'eating' are just them being too lazy to tell you what they really do. Or they just don't want to tell you. Or, that their English just isn't good enough to tell you what they really did.

Perhaps,

My experience dating Korean women in Korea in Canada said otherwise. Yeah yeah maybe it says more about me and the women I choose to date but every Korean girl I got to know didn't have much going on other than shopping, coffee shops, shopping, sleeping and drinking. Throw in the odd church jesus craziness. Parents did everything for them and these girls were by no means wealthy. Anything educational wasn't taken seriously and any career aspirations were things like flight attendant or marriage.

Yawn.
misher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to say though that I've met a lot of Korean women with interests and class. They are however older (35+) and from a completely different time. This current generation of uni students is way more spoiled/apathetic about everything. Being allowed to live with mom and dad indefinitely with the elimination of the taking care of your parents premise doesn't help.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah yeah maybe it says more about me and the women I choose to date but every Korean girl I got to know didn't have much going on other than shopping, coffee shops, shopping.

I think you've probably answered your own question. Wouldn't it be true the world over that the kind of young women who spend a lot of time/money on their appearance and who spend a lot of time hanging about in places where they could be picked up by foreigners are less likely to be intelligent, bookish types with hobbies? I imagine the Korean women guys on here are describing as 'smoking hot' etc. are mostly the ones they see parading around in Gagnam wearing heels, make up and mini skirts, not ones they bump into at art exhibitions or book shops.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a few people mentioned before, most Koreans have little desire to date/marry a foreigner. However, the small amount of ones that do, know where to go to find us. Be careful out there boys... lol
joelove

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not yet been to a country that did not have many beautiful women, often single, maybe in their 20s or 30s even. Korea has many of those, true, but so does every damn country you will ever visit.
John Stamos jr.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelove wrote:
I have not yet been to a country that did not have many beautiful women, often single, maybe in their 20s or 30s even. Korea has many of those, true, but so does every damn country you will ever visit.

Aren't you from Canada, though?
Mix1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sector7G wrote:
Mix1 wrote:

Seriously though, the garlic smell can almost shut down a make-out session sometimes, and I like garlic as much as anyone.
Because you leave her on the sofa to seek out the garlic smell?

Oops. To be precise, THEIR GARLIC BREATH!

Ate samgyupsal with a girl once, and man did that smell linger. It's hard to kiss when your face is trying not to grimace. Of course, I probably smelled about the same. Usually it cancels out but not always.
Mix1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelove wrote:

That's a bit too SAME-SAME.

Would you say the same thing about restaurants?
"Every damn restaurant you will ever visit has many delicious things on the menu."
No. Some of them are better or worse than others.

Same with countries, even though it's not PC to say it.

Korea is at least above average for having decent looking women. Heck, the lack of obesity alone pushes a larger percentage of them into the attractive zone.

Add the plastic surgery percentages and the obsession with appearance and fashion, and the numbers go even higher. It's safe to say there are a lot of 6's and 7's here compared to many countries.
misher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Korea is at least above average for having decent looking women. Heck, the lack of obesity alone pushes a larger percentage of them into the attractive zone.

Add the plastic surgery percentages and the obsession with appearance and fashion, and the numbers go even higher. It's safe to say there are a lot of 6's and 7's here compared to many countries.

Depends on wher eyou have lived and dated. The problem with Korea is that there is no variety. Most of the women tend to have the same kind of body type. If you have yellow fever then I guess it is heaven but for me I would say it is average to below average/very overrated. The plastic surgery look doesn't help either. I think if you have an asian girl fetish then yeah Korea will be pretty good. Or if you are coming from a country where women (and men) are larger (Anglo western countries) and let themselves go. A lot of guys come here from hicksville Canada or rednecktown Iowa and think they're in heaven because women here are thin. The thinness is cancelled out though for me by the fact that K women generally lack hips/chest. But hey, some guys dig the pancake body and all the power to them.

I'll take scandinavia, Baltics (just came back from Estonia..damn!) , E Europe, France, Colombia, Venezuela, BRASIL, Argentina anyday.
misher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in my defense, I generally go for girls that have some interests and something upstairs and career motivation. What Korea lacked was women with the above that were decent looking. I'm sure many would disagree but for me it was always extremes. You had either good looking girls that were totally princessy and plastic devoid of anything interesting other than their appearance. Then you had the interesting females who were educated, motivated etc but were always quite plain or downright frumpsville. It makes sense because these women knew that their only way to marriage was to hit the books and land a civil service job. SNU is loaded with these types. Tried to date a few but I couldn’t be with a girl I didn’t really want to have sex with. Decent looking to hot women pretty much have it ingrained in them that they don’t have to do anything as men will be lining up. Yeah yeah you can make the “it’s the same the world over argument” but it isn’t so extreme where I’m from or in other countries I’ve lived in. In Korea it’s ridiculous as this young generation of korean men do ANYTHING to get an above average looking girlfriend even if it means being treated like garbage by some plastic princess repeatedly. Saw it so many times.

Now posters that read this are probably thinking “what makes YOU such hot *&^%?” Nothing really. I’m no stud but I have dated women that had a healthy balance of personality and looks. Yes in Canada, the US and Europe. In Europe they’re everywhere. In Korea, finding that was difficult to near impossible and most guys who would reply to that comment with "speak for yourself" are generally full of it based on what I've seen.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I’m no stud but I have dated women that had a healthy balance of personality and looks.

Well they must have been a bit lacking in at least one department, otherwise you'd still be with them wouldn't you? Unless you got dumped each time
misher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well they must have been a bit lacking in at least one department, otherwise you'd still be with them wouldn't you? Unless you got dumped each time

Not quite. Just wasn't ready to settle down in my twenties. Surely you could relate right? Unless you're one of those esl teachers in Korea that threw a ring on the first Korean female that threw herself at you. From what I saw, that is quite common.
Mix1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misher wrote:
Quote:

Depends on wher eyou have lived and dated. The problem with Korea is that there is no variety. Most of the women tend to have the same kind of body type. If you have yellow fever then I guess it is heaven but for me I would say it is average to below average/very overrated. The plastic surgery look doesn't help either. I think if you have an asian girl fetish then yeah Korea will be pretty good. Or if you are coming from a country where women (and men) are larger (Anglo western countries) and let themselves go. A lot of guys come here from hicksville Canada or rednecktown Iowa and think they're in heaven because women here are thin. The thinness is cancelled out though for me by the fact that K women generally lack hips/chest. But hey, some guys dig the pancake body and all the power to them.

I'll take scandinavia, Baltics (just came back from Estonia..damn!) , E Europe, France, Colombia, Venezuela, BRASIL, Argentina anyday.

I agree with you actually. There is VERY little variety here and yes it's all one body type with only slight variations. They don't have much in the way of hips or chest, but the legs are very nice on average.

With chest, you never know what you are getting because so many of them wear ridiculously padded bras.

I've even seen padded panties to show more S-line, which is TOTALLY false advertising! You don't drive a car off the lot only to have the whole rear end fall off when you open the trunk!!!
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not quite. Just wasn't ready to settle down in my twenties. Surely you could relate right? Unless you're one of those esl teachers in Korea that threw a ring on the first Korean female that threw herself at you. From what I saw, that is quite common.

Not really. Was here 6 years before I got hitched and dated around 6 different women. I just didn't find my experience to be significantly different from any of the other countries I've lived in. Apart from a few details e.g. bringing friends along on first dates etc..

This comment

Quote:
In Korea, finding that was difficult to near impossible and most guys who would reply to that comment with "speak for yourself" are generally full of it based on what I've seen.

is basically saying everyone you know who's in a relationship with a Korean woman is either dating/married to a munter, an airhead or both. Not very nice or polite to your mates/acquaintances
joelove

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix1 wrote:
joelove wrote:

That's a bit too SAME-SAME.

Would you say the same thing about restaurants?
"Every damn restaurant you will ever visit has many delicious things on the menu."
No. Some of them are better or worse than others.

Same with countries, even though it's not PC to say it.

Oh, I agree there are many beautiful women in Korea. And that not many are overweight helps make them look good. I don't think the surgery or makeup and dressing up adds to it. It provides a false appeal that people can see through. Now, I've only been to 5 or 6 countries, no expert. Most of them in Asia.

What does being from Canada have to do with anything, to answer the other guy?

All I'm saying is that there is none of this comparison nonsense really. No matter where you go there are attractive people somewhere, just about. True, maybe more in one city than in another. That would increase your odds of finding an attractive mate, like a larger city means more opportunity I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: