Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nepal Travel Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korea.teacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Nepal Travel Suggestions Reply with quote

Anyone with experience traveling in Nepal (Katmandu, Pokhara, etc.) who can offer suggestions on what to visit, where to stay and travel concerns.

I'm debating a short trip vs. an extended stay and renting an apartment.
schwa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time in Katmandu & Pokhara 40 years ago & I'm guessing things have changed some since. Sorry, no advice, but I expect they're still wonderful places!
sam11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Travelling to Nepal Reply with quote

Hello I am living just 80KM away from Nepal its the best place visit to Nepal. October-November, the start of the dry season, is in many ways the best time of the year in Nepal. At this time of the year the air is sparkling clean, visibility is unexcelled and the Himalayan views are as near perfect as you can ask. In Kathmandu the cheaper hotels, where heating is non-existent, are often chilly and gloomy in the evenings. There's sometimes a brief winter monsoon, lasting just a day or two in January.

Entry: A visa is necessary to enter Nepal and can be obtained for the following duration from any Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or at the entry points in Nepal.

1. The single entry tourist visa can be obtained from the entry points of Nepal or from the Royal Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad by paying US$30 for 60 days.

2. If the visitors, who has already visited Nepal under tourist visa, intends to come again within 15 days of the same visa year he/she can obtain entry visa by paying US$50 for 30 days at the entry points or at the Royal Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad.

3. The visitors who wish to stay for more that 60 days in Nepal can extend their tourist visa by paying the equivalent of US$50 in the Nepalese currency for 30 days from the Department of Immigration.

4. Business visa with multiple entry facility for the period of one year and five years can be obtained from the Department of Immigration on the recommendation of Ministry of Industry by paying the equivalent of US$250 and US$100 respectively in the Nepalese currency for the foreign investors.

Lowcost flights
Gaininganadventur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Trekking Reply with quote

I would go on a 3 to 5 day Trek. An unforgettable experience that leaves you with some nice views and aspects of life in the mountains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: