Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electronic Cigarettes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
vaporizer... cartomizer... clearomizer... atomizer...

This hobby has very neat sounding jargon Laughing

It's like an Asimov novel.
Italy37612

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Go for it Reply with quote

Check out Totally Wicked e-cigs and e-juice. http://tinyurl.com/kqrp7oThey ship out of the UK or the US. Their e-juice is produced in the UK or the States (aside from their original e-juice line, which they are phasing out). I'm not a fan of vaping something made in China.

I would recommend their Tornado eGo-C starter kit. http://tinyurl.com/ors4w9k. The atomizers are easily replaceable and you can refill the cartridges. I have ordered from them many times (several times over the customs limit) but, they always find ways to cleverly disguise what I have ordered. I have never been nabbed by customs (about 40 orders made so far).

One thing that I would also highly recommend, is delving into variable voltage early on. This can be a bit pricey but, only if you get the high-tier mod kits. TW has a battery called the, Twist. It's a 1000mAh and lets you change the voltage output from 3.2 up to 4.8 volts. The advantage of this battery being - every e-juice has a "sweet spot." So, depending on the thickness and composition of the juice... and... what, cartomizer, clearomizer, DCT, bottom coil tank, you use - voltage should be adjusted to get the best vapor and flavor production from your e-juice.

Right now my, "out-of-the-house" setup is the Twist battery http://tinyurl.com/p2b995j
and the Kanger MT3 http://tinyurl.com/ozs9de6
ombeach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teechuh wrote:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/korea-forum/

This is a good resource for anyone looking for information on vaping in Korea. I occasionally buy cartomizers or the odd bottle of menthol here but mostly I get supplies shipped from the UK as the mark up is just criminal. I find its cheaper shipping from the UK than the US (under £10) and the longest a package has taken to get here has been a week after I ordered it. I have always kept my order under the customs limit and I've never had a problem with it getting through.

I don't know what model you're thinking about but I would say that you'd save a ton by ordering the hardware online as well. I would recommend an EGO to begin with and you can work your way up. Ordering online also gives you a much greater variety of flavours. This is where I order from but there are loads of other options if you ask around. http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

I was a 30 a day smoker and never looked back once I started vaping. My constant cough has gone, I no longer feel like I've scaled Everest after a couple of flights of stairs and if I need a nicotine hit I can just go to the bathroom rather than finding an elaborate excuse to sneak out of work. Plus I've lost a considerable amount of weight as I vape sweet flavours like bubblegum and strawberry tart so no longer have any cravings for chocolate or dessert.

Thanks for the info - looks like I've got to bite the bullet and order online - just hope it finds me in my rural location as my apt doesn't have a maintenance office to leave packages. Shall try the EGO on your recommendation - cheers!
ombeach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Go for it Reply with quote

Italy37612 wrote:
Check out Totally Wicked e-cigs and e-juice. http://tinyurl.com/kqrp7oThey ship out of the UK or the US. Their e-juice is produced in the UK or the States (aside from their original e-juice line, which they are phasing out). I'm not a fan of vaping something made in China.

I would recommend their Tornado eGo-C starter kit. http://tinyurl.com/ors4w9k. The atomizers are easily replaceable and you can refill the cartridges. I have ordered from them many times (several times over the customs limit) but, they always find ways to cleverly disguise what I have ordered. I have never been nabbed by customs (about 40 orders made so far).

One thing that I would also highly recommend, is delving into variable voltage early on. This can be a bit pricey but, only if you get the high-tier mod kits. TW has a battery called the, Twist. It's a 1000mAh and lets you change the voltage output from 3.2 up to 4.8 volts. The advantage of this battery being - every e-juice has a "sweet spot." So, depending on the thickness and composition of the juice... and... what, cartomizer, clearomizer, DCT, bottom coil tank, you use - voltage should be adjusted to get the best vapor and flavor production from your e-juice.

Right now my, "out-of-the-house" setup is the Twist battery http://tinyurl.com/p2b995j
and the Kanger MT3 http://tinyurl.com/ozs9de6

Thanks so much for the tips - I definitely agree about the dubious nature of Chinese stuff!
opengirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this thread is dead, I'm sure, but I found it while looking for places to buy juice in Korea and thought I'd add my two cents.

The reason I'm looking for a place to buy juice is because I just bought and ecig off of gmarket... they have juice there too, and I got some from there... so you can totally get them here. I'm sure what I bought is not as high tech as some of the others out there, but it's actually a lot better than I thought it would be given the cost.

The only reason I was looking for other places to buy is for a wider variety of flavours... so yeah... they are totally available here.
Trip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd floor of Migliore in Myeongdong (right at the station) has a small e-cig shop. My friend bought an e-cig online from a Korean site with juice, but it didn't have nicotine. The lady in Migliore said nicotine liquid was illegal to sell online in Korea as it is a tobacco product. She sold it there and my friend mixed it with her juice.
Wad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally have no problem vaping in the toilet however last trip on Zest Air to the Philippines I set off the smoke alarm.
Chalmers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The markup on ecigs on Korea is absolutely absurd. Paying 70,000-80,000k for one kit is a huge waste of money. I fell for this when I first started using ecigs in Korea and quickly found the solution.

Go on alibaba.com and buy directly from the factories. Almost all of the ecigs I have ever seen are made in China, so go straight to the source. I recently got 10 ecig kits (includes charger, cartridge, and battery) for $11 a piece.

For the juice, I get mine shipped from Oakland, CA from a company called Tasty Vapor (look them up). You can customize your own liquid from thousands of flavors. Using these two methods will save you hundreds of dollars if you vape in Korea. Otherwise, be prepared to pay upwards of $75 for one ecig unit and $35 for 500ml of juice.

I rarely post on here but this thread needed the above info for sure.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long before the jealous and bitter anti-smoking no-fun types find a way to clamp down on this?
opengirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the one I bought off of gmarket cost me about 38 000, so it wasn't that much.

Does that place in Myeong-dong sell non-nicotine juice? I'm actually looking for the more candy like flavours... would they have that there?
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you recommend for a light smoker? I mean for smoking very light cigs? If this is a way to replace smoking. I go for the lightest nicotine and tar possible. Are these e cigs filled with too much nicotine?

I had seen some shops in my area but are gone now. Someone wrote a rumour that mobsters forced them out in certain areas? Not sure why that would be if that were the case.

Anyhow, I don't know much about these things. Where do you order and how light can you go? Does it feel weird when you smoke them?
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:

Anyhow, I don't know much about these things. Does it feel weird when you smoke them?

Only the ones with the hash oil make you feel weird. A bit high.

Here in Colorado, they cost like 8 bucks for the starter kit.
opengirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
What do you recommend for a light smoker? I mean for smoking very light cigs? If this is a way to replace smoking. I go for the lightest nicotine and tar possible. Are these e cigs filled with too much nicotine?

I had seen some shops in my area but are gone now. Someone wrote a rumour that mobsters forced them out in certain areas? Not sure why that would be if that were the case.

Anyhow, I don't know much about these things. Where do you order and how light can you go? Does it feel weird when you smoke them?

I actually am not a smoker at all... i mean, I have never smoked real cigarettes, I only have ever vaped. You can get liquids with no nicotine whatsoever. That's what I use.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:

Anyhow, I don't know much about these things. Does it feel weird when you smoke them?

Only the ones with the hash oil make you feel weird. A bit high.

Here in Colorado, they cost like 8 bucks for the starter kit.

Been a long time since I've had any kind of oil. Ha ha. Long before ever setting foot in the ROK.

So, what about Korea? Is there a national chain or brand or just some independant stores you go to here?
Lucas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long before the jealous and bitter anti-smoking no-fun types find a way to clamp down on this?

They already have

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10529576/New-York-votes-to-add-e-cigarettes-to-smoking-ban.html
[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: